Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Search results limited to only 500 results?

you should check coolguy949's status. Jan has already spoken about the ownership of the site.

nebo

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST View Post
    I did. This new search, if you use it for tech searches, only goes back to maybe late-middle 2008 when the max returns are 500. That is horrible. This site has been around for what? 5+ years now? Only 500 returns is cheating the community out of information that has been posted.

btw, love how it took a meltdown for you guys to finally respond. Too bad it's just more of the same "what, it's not broken, you guys just don't know how to use it" answers.
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic View Post
    you should check coolguy949's status. Jan has already spoken about the ownership of the site.

nebo
    I know what coolguy949's involvement is with the site. I'm not an idiot.

A simple search of his previous posts will show anyone else that is curious the same thing.

you implied that he has involvement in responding and fixing items, which at this time he does not.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic View Post
    you implied that he has involvement in responding and fixing items, which at this time he does not.

nebo
    But he just responded to a search item thread? Last I check that takes "involvement in responding" to a item.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
    You're joking right? Did you ever actually use the old search??

500 results is a lot of stuff to wade through. Can't you tweak the search parameters to allow for a date range?

If he isn't involved, don't get involved. He is obviously part of the greater whole.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with this damn site. All these people are defecting, people getting banned, and all these "complaints" in this forum haven't seen attention at all. Hell, it took this shake up for anyone to even see they existed, even after PM's and bumping for the last month or so.