Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Search results limited to only 500 results?

Default Search results limited to only 500 results?

So I noticed the search results and also the "Find all posts by _____" search link only returns 500 results.

So if you are searching for something tech related or information related from 2007 or 2006, or early 2008 you are shit out of luck.

2007 and early 2008 had a ton of tech threads and posts that would be very beneficial to a community like this.

Sweet site

I love how the owner/admin/etc didn't even respond to this... awesome DOWNGRADE fellas.

I hate how we can't search by phrases. I was tryna look for that "FP RED IN THE BAY" thread it kept separating the words and returning completely off results. It should be like Google er yahoo where you can put quotations around the phrase and look for exactly that.

NCE search engine FTL.

haha. U guys search? I just make a new thread whenever i have a question.

Quote Originally Posted by PANGES View Post
    haha. U guys search? I just make a new thread whenever i have a question.
    I sign up a new account, introduce my alias in the "noobz" section, then make a new thread, when i have a question.

The new search feature definitely sucks ass compared to before. It seems to give me results for everything EXCEPT what I'm searching for. :thumbsdown:
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    The new search feature definitely sucks ass compared to before.
    You're joking right? Did you ever actually use the old search??

500 results is a lot of stuff to wade through. Can't you tweak the search parameters to allow for a date range?

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post

500 results is a lot of stuff to wade through. Can't you tweak the search parameters to allow for a date range?
    yea, but that's limited also. you can pick a point in time and then EVERYTHING before or after that point. for example, if i was searching for something back in october, i'd have to do <6months> and <newer> and wade thru everything in between now and then IF it even looks up the words i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
    I did. This new search, if you use it for tech searches, only goes back to maybe late-middle 2008 when the max returns are 500. That is horrible. This site has been around for what? 5+ years now? Only 500 returns is cheating the community out of information that has been posted.

btw, love how it took a meltdown for you guys to finally respond. Too bad it's just more of the same "what, it's not broken, you guys just don't know how to use it" answers.

Search feature definitely has a major booztd leak. Lotta good numbers down the drain.

That's my 2 Norcal Upgrade BUCKS

'06 IX WW RS