Thread: Took a tumble with my gear...(pics)

Default Took a tumble with my gear...(pics)

So I was taking pics of a drainage system at work when I was ALMOST done when I tried to jump down from some larger rocks to get down to a lower area. The rock I jumped down to was angled down a little more than I thought and when I landed my upper body rotated forward and I fell flat with my camera mounted to my monopod. It was a Matrix moment as it all happened in s l o w M o t i o n. I was able to lift up my left arm saving my camera. The right side pad did come in contact with a rock on recoil but there is only a small mark on the pad that can be replaced when it wears out. I never let go of it and there was no harm. My knees and pride on the other hand... Fuck that's embarassing! Here's a pic of where I fell and a crude route of my travels as well as a couple of rash pics. Anyone else ever take a fall with their gear?

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

I fall with my gear almost every time I use it.

but then again, the gear is my mountain bike... and it's not a good ride without someone in the group crashing at least once...
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

Ouch Dave that sucks. At least you're not seriously hurt.

I haven't fallen with my gear yet. I almost did when I went to Treasure Island. it woulda been a pretty hefty tumble as the area I managed to land on was about 2.5 feet from a cliff edge (I was up at the CoastGuard center on the top). Stupid dusty slaps of concrete.. @.@
    -Ryan
    WW Lancer Evolution IX

Ouch.

Although, you delivered with the artful photoshop pic of the tumble.
    -Oscar
    IX SE-285whp/282wtq Catback, HKS drop in, GST reflash

Rafael S.

LOL - I love family guy...

ahahahaha family guy is the shit

9. Default

hahaha fg moment
    400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

Battle scares...chicks dig them...

Dennis
    08 SCCA SFR XP Champion...
    Thanks SpeedElement for your support...