Thread: Car Audio question

Default Car Audio question

im currently running the stock battery and eventually goin to upgrade my UICP which will require me to switch to the mini battery. Im running 2 amps (1 for sub, 1 4ch) and wanting to know if the mini battery will handle the sub or will it drain it out? Im also running a capacitator.

Thanks for any inputs
    Tuned by GST Motorsports
    292 whp/298 tq

Quote Originally Posted by mrshy333 View Post
    im currently running the stock battery and eventually goin to upgrade my UICP which will require me to switch to the mini battery. Im running 2 amps (1 for sub, 1 4ch) and wanting to know if the mini battery will handle the sub or will it drain it out? Im also running a capacitator.

Thanks for any inputs
    NO! a mini Battery will not be able to support all those! even if you just use them while driving, it will put more pressure to you Alternator and burn... the best thing to do is to relocate the Battery to the Trunk with the proper spec wires.
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII View Post
    NO! a mini Battery will not be able to support all those! even if you just use them while driving, it will put more pressure to you Alternator and burn... the best thing to do is to relocate the Battery to the Trunk with the proper spec wires.
    thanks! how about just running the 1 4ch and removing the sub completely?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshy333 View Post
    thanks! how about just running the 1 4ch and removing the sub completely?
    you can try, but i would rather spend the money on relocating the battery to the trunk. since mini battery kit dont come cheap...
    2003 Evolution VIII

you can look into these..http://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC600-...3768320&sr=1-1 im using one it works well but im planning on adding another to help

Quote Originally Posted by ddubdb3 View Post
    you can look into these..http://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC600-...3768320&sr=1-1 im using one it works well but im planning on adding another to help
    witgh that battery what knd f audio setup do u have?

i have a mono block wired for 1300 watts at 1ohm and a 4 ch amp. being that my mono block is sucking soooo much power my lights still dim somewhat at night. it doesnt help that my cams lope at idle also haha. so im thinking of purchasing a second kinetik battery and placing that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ddubdb3 View Post
    i have a mono block wired for 1300 watts at 1ohm and a 4 ch amp. being that my mono block is sucking soooo much power my lights still dim somewhat at night. it doesnt help that my cams lope at idle also haha. so im thinking of purchasing a second kinetik battery and placing that somewhere.
    ahh nice system and a nice ope haha lol.. man that sounds good hahaha lol.. yeah cuz i might get cuz all i have is a indash (dual) with dvd and a 10" pioneer 800watt.. and one mono amp!

hey man i know u were saying that u have one already so u use it for start up and running ur system?.. or do u still have the orginal battery on it?

i use it for start up and running the system. i had a buschur mini batt before this so i just replaced it with the kinetic hc600