Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuning Q

Default tuning Q

is it safe to tuned my car with 120k miles on it? i had it street tune with 70k miles 2 yrs ago and my oem turbo blow up.now i added 780 injectors and a FP green

Quote Originally Posted by frank8 View Post
    is it safe to tuned my car with 120k miles on it? i had it street tune with 70k miles 2 yrs ago and my oem turbo blow up.now i added 780 injectors and a FP green

why not? tune it till it falls apart
    Last edited by RREVOVIII; 03-15-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    2003 Evolution VIII

Yeah you should definitely get it retuned after adding those mods.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

i hear ya' i never heard of any1 tuned that much miles on a car.it just make me think if it blow up i can get a stroker lol'. anyway i got a compression test and boost leak test the time i got my car street tune.

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII View Post
    why not? tune it till it falls apart
    I think that's what he's tryna avoid.

But yea, should be no problem. Of course it's makin an older engine work harder but it won't be too affected. And yea, especially after getting those mods a tune should be done.

i hear ya' i never heard of any1 tuned that much miles on a car.it just make me think if it blow up i can get a stroker lol'. anyway i got a compression test and boost leak test the time i got my car street tune.
    You shouldn't have anything to worry about, Just make sure your maintenance is up to date and your car is in good running condition.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

it should be fine, but thats depends on how much whp you want out of it. blowing up the motor while tuning can happen even on a low miles motor....
    2003 Evolution VIII

ive seen evos with over 150k miles get tuned on the stock block with no problem. If you stay with that setup and have properly maintained your evo you should have no problem.

thanx all the feedback guys.i just dont want my motor kaboom on me and dump more $$ . nobody wants this kind a situation and headache'

thanx all the feedback guys.i just dont want my motor kaboom on me and dump more $$ . nobody wants this kind a situation and headache'
    true!
    2003 Evolution VIII