Thread: HOW TO: Make JDM headlight fogs work on a USDM car.

Default HOW TO: Make JDM headlight fogs work on a USDM car.

For those w/ usdm hid cars that purchased the JDM hid headlights and want to use their foglights. We'll be modifying a harness that converts the usdm H11 foglight connector to be use w/ the jdm headlights and 9006 foglight bulb.
    Do this mod at your own risk.
    Parts:
    First you'll need to buy a pair 9006 foglight harness and a pair of your favorite color 9006 bulbs. You can find the harness on ebay or google "9006 ballast harness".
    Here's what a pair look like. It consists of female and male 9006 connectors.

Close up

Tools:
    -Flathead screwdriver
    -drill and drill bits

See the owners manual to get access to the foglight bulbs on the headlights. Driver's is easy to see. You'll need to remove the coolant reservoir for the passender's side.
    1. We only need to modify the Male (black) connector body. Use the flathead screwdriver to push the 2 metal prongs (spades) out of the connector.

spades and male connector body seperated

2. Use the drill to drill out bigger holes in the male connector. Drill bit is slightly bigger than the width of the spade.

holes drilled in the connector.

3. With the back of the connector facing you and the tab facing up, feed the Black wire into the Left hole and the Red wire into the Right hole.

4. Now you'll be connecting the modified harness male 9006 plug into the h11 foglight connector in the car. With the h11 connector facing you and the tab facing up, insert the black wire spade in the left hole and the red wire spade into the right.

5. Now push the Male 9006 connector body into the h11 connector. And push the yellow grommits back into the body.

6. Install your foglight bulb into your headlights and connect the other end of the modified harness into the foglight bulb. Repeat on the other headlight, test that they turn on and you're done. Don't forget to reinstall your coolant reservoir.

Enjoy,
    MIke

I dun need this but I'm sure I'd do great if I did. Good write-up