Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tunning ?

Quote Originally Posted by marq View Post
    You have a 2003..therefore you can run DSMLINK. Go to ECMTUNING.com for more info.
    Why on earth would you want to run DSMLINK when there is EcuFlash? The only advantage I can imagine is possibly faster logging.

EcuFlash is much much much cheaper, you can use the ECU that came with the car, there are a great amount of modifications and extensions available for it, complete knock control, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by earlyapex aka jack ass; 04-30-2009 at 11:32 PM.

yeah thats what I thought, Thanks Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by bryan@GST View Post
    Why on earth would you want to run DSMLINK when there is EcuFlash? The only advantage I can imagine is possibly faster logging.

EcuFlash is much much much cheaper, you can use the ECU that came with the car, there are a great amount of modifications and extensions available for it, complete knock control, etc etc etc.
    Would someone be able to grab a laptop and tune themselves for free every time without having to go to a shop? Or is EcuFlash something where one would have to pay a shop $500-900 everytime they need a tune? Cheaper? How much cheaper? ECMtuning is about to release DSM Lite which lets you account for upgraded injectors, log, adjust fuel every 250rpm increment, and other options...except for the really deep tuning options. And the price tag is going to be around $249. I know you probably have an account on DSMTuners, so you probably already know that by now. Im all for someone to DIY when it comes to installs and tuning. Not to take away business from you because we all know you do great tuning across the board, but I know you understand my DSM DIY point of view.
    2010 evo x gsr

Would someone be able to grab a laptop and tune themselves for free every time without having to go to a shop? Or is EcuFlash something where one would have to pay a shop $500-900 everytime they need a tune? Cheaper? How much cheaper? ECMtuning is about to release DSM Lite which lets you account for upgraded injectors, log, adjust fuel every 250rpm increment, and other options...except for the really deep tuning options. And the price tag is going to be around $249. I know you probably have an account on DSMTuners, so you probably already know that by now. Im all for someone to DIY when it comes to installs and tuning. Not to take away business from you because we all know you do great tuning across the board, but I know you understand my DSM DIY point of view.
    Yes, EcuFlash the software itself is *free*. The DIY tuner would then need a flash cable $169 and logging software, mitsulogger is free, EvoScan is $25.

So very much yes, anyone with a laptop and the ability to tune their own car can do it for much less than DSMLink.

I do understand your DSM point of view as I come from the same background. I've owned as many DSM's as fingers on my hand.

However EcuFlash is currently the cheapest and also the most powerful tuning solution for the stock Evo ECU.

DSMlink works great for the DSM's, a Evo is not a DSM.
    Last edited by earlyapex aka jack ass; 05-01-2009 at 11:02 AM.

You might be thinking of EcuTek, which charges you a licencing fee of $500 bones when you first flash it to your ECU. EcuFlash is free... check out openecu.org for more info.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Thanks for the info guys. Just know someone with dsmlink on their evo 8 and am impressed with the crossover. But you can't beat the price of EcuFlash if that is the price. So now I know, and knowing is half the battle. ; )
    2010 evo x gsr

^ G.I. Joe!!!!

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

guess the geek in me is going to try this!! Thanks for the info ya.