Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intake tunning ?

Quote Originally Posted by EviL_8 View Post
    No i havent been able to put it on a dyno yet im like 3-4 hrs away from nearest dyno i think im gunna get evoscan and do some logs and maby a wide band setup so i can compare the intakes and see if ther are any drastic changes and i would like to come down one day and get custom tuned so i can get some real numbers and reliable tune thanks for all the help guys
    If you have yet to get to a dyno, haven't had access to a reliable wideband, or have not gotten any logs.......I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL trusting a mail-order tune

It's not to say you can't go that route but it puts more of the liability in the owner's hands to do just as i have rec'd.

On my old cobra i did a mail-order tune and he said he'd do a race tune for me as well but that required loading a map and testing it on the strip, reviewing the logs, and trying again and again until done.....that still required a wideband though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by EviL_8 View Post
    im thinking it might not matter to much because im gunna use the same filter just the rubber intake insted of the metal one gunna keep the licp on and put back stock uicp because haveing a car that stands out in a small towm really sucks when the cops have a hard on for you
    if your current tune is that good, and your MAF is not scaled for the metal intake pipe, in which for a mail in flash i doubt he did. you should be fine, even having the stock uicp in there. i have done this to my car and my car was fine, no knocks. Its a different story if you go back with the Stock Air Box, and stock licp... but since you have not logged or dynoed your car, you must take it to a nearest place where you can get it on a dyno and have it tune....
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by bricel24 View Post
    ....the good contributing people that's why nobody is on here anymore, just noobs. (And I will bet my fat ass that I will get banned AGAIN for saying this )....
    but us noobs also need to start somewhere right brice?(and yea, I'm on the other sites as well)...hope no banning takes place...again...