Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: questions about tuning?

Default questions about tuning?

hey guys im rather new in the evo world. i just picked it up not to long ago. the car came with a vishnu xede chip and i have been doing a lot of messing around here and i really dont want to keep this. the real question is can anybody else tune the chip other than vishnu or should i sell it and get a ecuflash from the other well know tuners here in the bay. i have heard great things about fftec and speedelement and would like to have my tuning done at one of these places. any input would be great.

Get rid of it, and have it tune with EcuFlash..........
    2003 Evolution VIII

Junk that piece of shat Xede and go to either GST or Full Function. Speed Element no longer tunes =(

You also want to have all your mods in place before tuning. Also look into running E85 if you want big power numbers.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Thanks guys yeah I'm almost done with my mods. hey how much does it cost to get me ecu flashed? Thanks for the input guys. Also no e85 for me it's my dd and their is no station around me to get it. I live in the city.

GST charges something like 400 for a map. FF, according to their website charges 180ish per hour of tuning on ecuflash. Make sure you do a boost leak test prior to getting tuned.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Fan View Post
    Junk that piece of shat Xede and go to either GST or Full Function. Speed Element no longer tunes =(

You also want to have all your mods in place before tuning. Also look into running E85 if you want big power numbers.
    what happen to andy at speedlelement?....do dont une anymore and they say why?...i got my tune there...awww

thanks joe...welcome by the way!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeevo View Post
    what happen to andy at speedlelement?....do dont une anymore and they say why?...i got my tune there...awww

thanks joe...welcome by the way!!!!!!!!
    Andy went back to School to finish up a degree.....
    2003 Evolution VIII

give FFTEC a call talk to sean or ernesto
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Fan View Post
    GST charges something like 400 for a map. FF, according to their website charges 180ish per hour of tuning on ecuflash. Make sure you do a boost leak test prior to getting tuned.
    Just go to Bryan, GST = best place for evo's and subies hands down
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports
    304whp/292wtq @ 23psi on 91 oct
    376whp/357wtq @ 27psi on E85

Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing

Autox Vids: Click here
    2008 SCCA Slush Series BSP Champion
    2008 UFO SM Champion
    2008 GGLC Open Class Champion

Hey guys went to speed element today to pick up a Air filter and then headed out to fftec to check the place out . Sean and Ernesto were were very helpful and I'm going to get a couple more parts for my ride and she is ready for a tune and will be getting it done at fftec. Oh yeah the xede is going to be removed. Thanks guys for your help/input.