Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: am i out of line?

Default am i out of line?

so i have been with my gf for 3 years exactly today and shes my best friend in the world but we have been fighting alot these last few months because i dip (chew) and all she can ever say is i hate it when you do that its so gross(i can understand that) then i responed back saying i have been doing it since i met you and now your getting mad about it? then it leads to a big fight with either her saying i dont want to be with some one who dips or me saying i dont expect you to like it but you can at least deal with it. then this line that makes me feel like a real bad guy i dont want to leave you because i dont want to be with anyone else but you!! and then with my temper i respond with i dont think i can be with someone who cant deal with me dipping. then she walks out the door and leaves, then the next day were fine

i mean i dont expect her to want to kiss me while im doing it or share a drink thats fine with me, but if she sees me doing it the whole night is down the tube!!! and like i said it ends up with a fight

do you guys think that its that big of a deal? thanks for reading
    Last edited by b-ron; 05-26-2009 at 02:19 AM.

It is only as big of a deal as she makes it. Whether it is to you or any of us is irrelevant to how she feels.
    You've been chewing for some time and if it bothers her now, it was something that has always bothered her but she tried to look past it because she cares for you.
    Cut down on dipping when she's around. It is a compromise to not doing it at all, but it will still show her you are trying to accommodate her needs.
    Keep it up and you can kiss her goodbye for sure. It will only be a matter of time until one of you gets sick and tired of the same fight over and over again...

Good luck!

Ditto on that. She is most likey thinking of you and the possibility of cancer from chewing which is nasty btw. If your going to stay together you need to learn on how to compromise. It's a two way street.
    GST MOTORSPORTS|ONI-MOTO|Carebear Powa
    Nov 07 307 WHP & 285 WTQ
    May 08 304 WHP & 289 WTQ

Watch...once she knows she can control you, she's just gonna keep going. That's how women are. They're gonna start with something small (like making you give up the Cope), then move on to bigger things. You need to put her in her place early on.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    It is only as big of a deal as she makes it. Whether it is to you or any of us is irrelevant to how she feels.
    You've been chewing for some time and if it bothers her now, it was something that has always bothered her but she tried to look past it because she cares for you.
    Cut down on dipping when she's around. It is a compromise to not doing it at all, but it will still show her you are trying to accommodate her needs.
    Keep it up and you can kiss her goodbye for sure. It will only be a matter of time until one of you gets sick and tired of the same fight over and over again...

Good luck!
    wow!!!! thanks man i will be giving it a go!!!! thanks for the clear up on everything

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Watch...once she knows she can control you, she's just gonna keep going. That's how women are. They're gonna start with something small (like making you give up the Cope), then move on to bigger things. You need to put her in her place early on.
    lol haha

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post

Good luck!
    +1
    03' Lancer Evolution VIII
    Apex Silver

Quote Originally Posted by b-ron View Post
    wow!!!! thanks man i will be giving it a go!!!! thanks for the clear up on everything
    No prob bro, already been down those roads and lost some good friends.

hey bro. well, i think that its not a big of a deal unless she makes it that way. you specifically said that you been dipping since you met her and only now she makes a big deal about it. same with me and my gf. ive been with her for almost 3 years and she trips about me smoking when i only smoke on occasion or when i drink up with the homies. but anyways, it is a two way street, so some compromising has to come into play somewhere.
    Now I've come to realize that a dream was only supposed to be a dream that can't go on forever. Owning an EVO was THE SHIT!!!! But now, I must part ways with her. *teardrop teardrop*

true true man!!! well i gues quiting wouldnt be such a bad thing anyways ? but i just dont feel like im ready to quit so thats going to make it so much harder. but i guess wat ever takes
    Last edited by b-ron; 05-27-2009 at 08:45 PM.