Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay Bar

ahahah 100 cars, when i do claybar i could only use them on 2-3 cars depending on the severity of the cars finish.
    hey evo+supra what do you recommend as over the counter polish and wax i could buy at any auto store, i know there are better ones like adams etc but i just want the otc stuff, are there any worth buying?

Also how effective is hand applied polish to the car, i really don't want to use a machine as the paint on my evo is already thin.
    Can you give us proper steps on doing the interior also? What over the counter products are good for my interior? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noypiC50 View Post
    ahahah 100 cars, when i do claybar i could only use them on 2-3 cars depending on the severity of the cars finish.
    hey evo+supra what do you recommend as over the counter polish and wax i could buy at any auto store, i know there are better ones like adams etc but i just want the otc stuff, are there any worth buying?

Also how effective is hand applied polish to the car, i really don't want to use a machine as the paint on my evo is already thin.
    Can you give us proper steps on doing the interior also? What over the counter products are good for my interior? thanks
    To be honest with you the only thing I'd buy over the counter for wax is meguiars tech wax. As far as polish I'd only buy high end polishes as that's a very important ingredient in the detail process. And as far as hand applying it you just won't get the same finish as you would with an professional high end orbital.

This is why i recommend in order to do the detail process correctly and right the first time take your car to me and have it done perfectly! I have everything needed to do it properly! And I don't charge much.

However, if you must tackle this on your own be very careful and please ask any questions and research what your doing! I have seen so many ametures ruin their clearcoats because of improper usage and application of products.

Also i forgot to mention a professional high grade orbital will not ruin your paint no matter how thin it is. I have actually restored peoples finishes because I know what I'm doing and I have the years of experience to back it up!

wow 100 cars with one clay bay!!!! must sold like nails on a chalk bored lol

and as far as using a polish by hand is not the best idea because you actually have to break down the polish buy working it into the paint to get the best results

Yes that's obviously a rediculous claim. After 3 cars the clay bar shows signs of serious deterioration. Especially after doing highly contaminated cars! I can only imagine using soap and water for this process.

Anyways, just curious do you do detailing as well?

yes i do!!! just doing it on the side now because my mobile unit did not pan out as well as i hoped. but i want to get it going again next summer

Quote Originally Posted by b-ron View Post
    yes i do!!! just doing it on the side now because my mobile unit did not pan out as well as i hoped. but i want to get it going again next summer
    Oh that's cool! I use to have a mobile unit as well down in San Diego! It did very well!!! I just got burnt out after a year! Now I do it on the side for fun and for the community.

good shit!!!!

Clay Bar Kicks arse, takes a lot of time so just work it one panel at a time and your ride will be smooth as silk. My favorite test is after clay bar and waxing I throw a clean towel at the hood and if it slides off like ice, its all good.....