Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning Wheels

Default Cleaning Wheels

Any tips on how you guys clean wheels? I have the FN01-cs with the lip, I've been trying to look up what compound the lip is made of, I am pretty sure it is aluminum, if that is the case, do you guys use a specific polisher etc...? And if anyone knows where I can be sure what it is made of? Thanks

If its a painted surface I use pinnacles wheel care kit. Apply on wheels use a brush to aggitate the brake dust then use a pressure washer to rinse. Repeat if needed. Then once you got all the brake dust and other contaminants off then its time to buff. Most polishes and waxes will suffice.

I stay away from those all wheel cleaners as they are abrasive to paint and cause paint to fade eventually and they arent enviornmentally friendly. I use the pinnacle kit as its not abrasive and its of organic materials.

screw that, cleaning wheels is the Suck.

if you're really paranoid, micro fiber & long fingernails

post pics!
    Evolution IX MR
    Eunos NA
    Cube S

LOL>

hahaha, to be honest I dont remember If I ever cleaned my rims before . the most Ive done was spraying my tires with that foam spray thingy and thats all. but thanks for the tips guy .

Quote Originally Posted by friski_nardin View Post
    hahaha, to be honest I dont remember If I ever cleaned my rims before . the most Ive done was spraying my tires with that foam spray thingy and thats all. but thanks for the tips guy .
    i guess with black wheels you cant tell if its dirty so your application will work.....LOL

Black wheels are just as important as any other color. Proper detailing of the wheels are just as vital!

cleaning black wheels sucks.. u have to be careful not to leave scratches!

Yes! This is why I only use top notch products and only use approved detailing tools!

i hate this part (cleaning the wheels). BBS has to many spokes
    2003 Evolution VIII