Thread: 4b11 motor.....

Default 4b11 motor.....

anyone knows who or what company built the 4b11 motor?

Quote Originally Posted by sol_tegra View Post
    anyone knows who or what company built the 4b11 motor?
    "
    The Mitsubishi 4B1 engine is a range of all-alloy straight-4 engines built at Mitsubishi's Japanese "World Engine" powertrain plant in Shiga on the basis of the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA).[1][2][3] Although the basic designs of the various engines are the same, their exact specifications are individually tailored for each partner. The cylinder block and other basic structural parts of the engine were jointly developed by the GEMA companies, but the intake and exhaust manifolds, the cylinder head’s intake and exhaust ports, and other elements related to engine tuning were independently developed by Mitsubishi.[1]
    All engines developed within this family have aluminium cylinder block and head, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft layouts, and MIVEC continuous variable valve timing. The 4B1 engine family is the first to have the continuously variable valve timing MIVEC system applied not only to its intake valves but also to its exhaust valves. The intake and exhaust cam timing is continuously independently controlled and provide four optimized engine operating modes.[1][4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4B1_engine

Quote Originally Posted by earlyapex View Post
    "
    The Mitsubishi 4B1 engine is a range of all-alloy straight-4 engines built at Mitsubishi's Japanese "World Engine" powertrain plant in Shiga on the basis of the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA).[1][2][3] Although the basic designs of the various engines are the same, their exact specifications are individually tailored for each partner. The cylinder block and other basic structural parts of the engine were jointly developed by the GEMA companies, but the intake and exhaust manifolds, the cylinder head’s intake and exhaust ports, and other elements related to engine tuning were independently developed by Mitsubishi.[1]
    All engines developed within this family have aluminium cylinder block and head, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft layouts, and MIVEC continuous variable valve timing. The 4B1 engine family is the first to have the continuously variable valve timing MIVEC system applied not only to its intake valves but also to its exhaust valves. The intake and exhaust cam timing is continuously independently controlled and provide four optimized engine operating modes.[1][4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_4B1_engine
    thats what i thought as well but i was reading GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS and from what they said the 4b11 motor was built by Hyundai and Chrysler . i was pretty shocked when i read that and just wanted other members thoughts on that!!!

Hyundai and Chrysler both use variants of the motor, but the motor in the evo is highly modified under Mitsu's specs... its made to take lots of boost, etc. This is nothing new as Hyundai's also used a variant of the 4G63 in a few hyundai models in the early 90's. Chrysler Sebrings and Avenger's had a variant of the 4G too.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Sigh... I was just reading on wikipedia that the Chinese car Brilliance BS6 will use the 4G63

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

So, it is not the same engine as a SRT-4 , whoohoo, sorry I have never research about it , because I did not have much interest on it, but, I heard it from friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomotorhead View Post
    So, it is not the same engine as a SRT-4 , whoohoo, sorry I have never research about it , because I did not have much interest on it, but, I heard it from friends.
    C SRT-4 uses a 4B12 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Fan View Post
    Hyundai and Chrysler both use variants of the motor, but the motor in the evo is highly modified under Mitsu's specs... its made to take lots of boost, etc. This is nothing new as Hyundai's also used a variant of the 4G63 in a few hyundai models in the early 90's. Chrysler Sebrings and Avenger's had a variant of the 4G too.
    phew...sounds great, for a minute there i was a little worried!!!

HAHA, thats what I thought too, that is why I was staying away from the idea of getting at one point a X.