Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evo's can't Rally?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickubus View Post
    This should not be a surprise to anyone. When Mitsubishi switched their rally car from the Galant to the Lancer platform, they had the intent to make the perfect rally car. This is where the name Evolution (Lancer Evolution) comes into play. The EVO has been owning the rally scene since the day one. Most of the championships wins were made in the EVO III through VI. WRC even had to change the rules a lot because of the EVO in general. I think people either forget this or they don't know. If you didn't know it's all good. Look up the history of the EVO, it's more than a track car and even sadder to see it just go straight. If you forgot this, you must not own an EVO. Mitsubishi never forgets this, this is also why they have a RS (Rally Spec) version of the EVO's. This is why RS' are stripped down with no ABS and have shorter gears. Sti's have the Spec-C but we don't have those here...I wonder why?

When it comes down to it, if it wasn't for Tommi Makinen nobody here in America would even know about EVO's or STi's. He's driven for both companies and has his own EVO VI TME aka 6.5 and now makes and sells rally Subaru's.
    about the lack of Spec-C I agree.......we CT9A's never had AYC either so that is the bain of the NA, cost concious Evo

North American Subaru Rexxies should feel blessed they got the 2.5L setup instead of the 2.0L this whole time. If it was a 2.0L Subaru field here in NA there would be even more butt-hurting going on with the pink and blue crowd
    '05 WW RS. Works TR340+HFC, 275/35/18's, springs, IX rear, black wing, ralliarmour's, bushed-steel line short shift, both worthless 2.5mph crash beams gone, lowered seat, Defi HUD, 3130 lbs. TO DO not in order: 2 piece shaft, rotors, clean my air filter, get a raise at work, see a tuner in Hayward about my timing getting pulled

I dunno the EJ207 is a pretty awesome motor and the new EJ257 has been sucking pretty bad. If they had brought the 08 STI here with the EJ207 I probably woulda bought one by now