Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tire psi

Default tire psi

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what the rule of thumb is with tire psi. should i just follow what manual recommends 29/32psi front/rear or whatever. any help is much appreciated. I got michelin pilot sport ps2,they say max 51psi.thanks

I always do 40 psi on all four.
    Posted from my mobile device

to be honest I used to do 34PSI on all four then I switched to 29/32 but I guess I should do 40PSI on all four now .

what if you have low profile tires...like 255s 18 inch?

Quote Originally Posted by joeevo View Post
    what if you have low profile tires...like 255s 18 inch?
    Max PSI is printed sidewall of the tires, i always go -10 psi from the MAX..
    2003 Evolution VIII

It's really crazy how sensitive Evo's are with tire pressure. When I got a new set of tires it felt like something was wrong big time. After checked tire pressure I found them to be 4-8 psi off and you can REALLY feel it especially at higher speeds. I always just stuck with 29/32 and the steering felt razor sharp.

Dave

5-10 psi from the max is a good rule of thumb. I go 35 all around on stock size tires.
    06 TB Evo IX GSR
    MODS: Apex-i Catback, Works Drop in filter.
    "Maybe" Soon to be E85 powered

10/22/08 Infineon Raceway 13.997
    www.speedelement.com

I think Im pushing it on my Im running some Yokohams, max rate is 42, I run them at 40 at all times. huhmm I wonder if this might be kinda bad considering that when tires heat up, the air expands. IDK 40 psi feel good lol

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomotorhead View Post
    I think Im pushing it on my Im running some Yokohams, max rate is 42, I run them at 40 at all times. huhmm I wonder if this might be kinda bad considering that when tires heat up, the air expands. IDK 40 psi feel good lol
    you'll be ok.....considering that the gauge is always off a couple of psi's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sol_tegra View Post
    you'll be ok.....considering that the gauge is always off a couple of psi's!!!
    Thats good, then, since I was not really considering trying to lower my psi LOL, my car feels good at this setting.