Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HKS spark plugs

Quote Originally Posted by sho_evo_209 View Post
    well if jay says they will work i guess i will try them the next time i do my maintenance hahaha lol
    Thats right, if he says so, Im doing it , Jay knows his Evo stuff 10000.... percent.

how many miles do people run their iridiums spark plugs, let's say for a DD and a few auto-x events?

copper is better??!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    copper is better??!!!!!!
    Well it all depends what kind of copper you are talking about, copper as the metal, or copper as a darn COP

Quote Originally Posted by ricardomotorhead View Post
    Thats right, if he says so, Im doing it , Jay knows his Evo stuff 10000.... percent.

how many miles do people run their iridiums spark plugs, let's say for a DD and a few auto-x events?

well on my iridiums i usult have them for two oil changes given the fact i change my oil every 2500 miles or so.. but never let it hit 3k

Iriduims can be used to well over 50,000 miles even for a weekend autox-er. I didn't really notice them begin to age until around 20-30,000 miles. Many cars are fine using them upwards to 100,000.

Hey guys, the search button is your friend. These questions has been asked and answered many years ago by people with experience. There is a lot of guessing going on here rather than correct information.

If you can't find it on this site, check another evo site.

Well it all depends what kind of copper you are talking about, copper as the metal, or copper as a darn COP
    hahaha I met a CHP at work yesterday, he was hella cool and told me that he works around the area. So I told him to remember me on the road
    Powered
    380 WHP 362 lbs tq

Evolution IX - Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    hahaha I met a CHP at work yesterday, he was hella cool and told me that he works around the area. So I told him to remember me on the road
    well then..... aha, I hook you up with chicken wings, you hook it up with passes out of jail LOL or tickets.

well then..... aha, I hook you up with chicken wings, you hook it up with passes out of jail LOL or tickets.
    lol.... ticket write-offs!!! yes!!!

back to subject, anyone got NGK copper plugs part number for IX. Did a search on evom many helps showed up.
    Powered
    380 WHP 362 lbs tq

Evolution IX - Sold*

100hp increase is a rough rule of thumb.

With a proper tune, it is not necessary to get a colder set of plugs unless you are around 375-400whp on GST's dyno.

They will also foul sooner.

Whitrice is still on the stock heat range plugs and he has over 400whp....