Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HKS spark plugs

Default HKS spark plugs

Im thinking about doing my tune up on my evo its been about 25k since the spark plugs have been swapped, looking at nkg's but hks has a M-series plug but the cost difference is huge... Has anyone used the HKS plugs? Is it worth it? The heat range difference is huge between the two. Are there any other types of plugs I should be looking into?

-thanks

Do you have a 8 or a 9? If you have an 8 I would just go with the copper NGK's and change them often, they are cheap as hell and easy to get. If you have a 9, I would go with the stock NGK or Denso alternatives. No real reason to spend big bucks on spark plugs IMO.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Fan View Post
    Do you have a 8 or a 9? If you have an 8 I would just go with the copper NGK's and change them often, they are cheap as hell and easy to get. If you have a 9, I would go with the stock NGK or Denso alternatives. No real reason to spend big bucks on spark plugs IMO.
    +1

I mean plugs are important but dont think you need to spend too much for plugs since they got to be change every so often anyways. Stock heat range should be something you are looking for unless you are push more way HP than stock.

Just dont get super cheapy ones. I changed once at 15k with NGK iridium ones(Stock replacement) currently using Denso iridium ones for my IX from SE when I did 30k with them.
    Last edited by ArtEvoIX; 09-13-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    Powered
    380 WHP 362 lbs tq

Evolution IX - Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    +1

I mean plugs are important but dont think you need to spend too much for plugs since they got to be change every so often anyways. Stock heat range should be something you are looking for unless you are push more way HP than stock.

Just dont get super cheapy ones. I changed once at 15k with NGK iridium ones(Stock replacement) currently using Denso iridium ones for my IX from SE when I did 30k with them.
    +1 even though my car is touvhy when it comes to plugs she only likes ngk iridiums i tried denso replacments but she strted sputtering on top end...
    i have a 8 by the way hehe

+1 with the last two replies, I think good sparkplugs are needed in order to have our cars running good, without any sort of hesitation ro sputtering, or even detonation. I wouldnt go all crazy spending $100 per sparkplug unless you have a fully built race car. By the way is this the one you are considering buying?
    http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=3115&rsku=6193
    is this $21.97 each or for the set? is not really clear. (or maybe Im just that slow ) Im pretty sure is $21 each becuase is HKS c'mon

Get NGK copper plugs BPR7ES gapped at .024-.025. They are only $2/each and our cars run better with them than the iridiums. Do a search on evolutionm.net, you'll find I am right.

Copper is a better conductor for electricity than iridium or platinum, they just don't last as long. You have to change them at least every 5k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Get NGK copper plugs BPR7ES gapped at .024-.025. They are only $2/each and our cars run better with them than the iridiums. Do a search on evolutionm.net, you'll find I am right.

Copper is a better conductor for electricity than iridium or platinum, they just don't last as long. You have to change them at least every 5k miles.
    wow really? huhm I wouln't mind testing a set of these instead of these http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_cross.asp?pid=iw24

No need to test them. They have been used for years on our cars. In fact, my car ran smoother with them once I found the proper gap. .024-.025

Their only flaw is that you have to change them every oil change. But at $2/each they are definitely nothing to hurt your budget, just more of an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII View Post
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    well if jay says they will work i guess i will try them the next time i do my maintenance hahaha lol