Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oooooooooooo so close LOL.

Default Oooooooooooo so close LOL.

First time out since re-freshing the trans and was just wanting to get back into the swing of driving her again.

The first couple of passes i wanted to experiment w/ the new Sparktech COP so i threw in some brand new plugs gapped larger than i normally run about .025 just to see if it would miss.........and it did......so i brought them back down to a snug .022 and it cleaned it up

Only got 4 runs in for TNT and was going to stay for "Grudge Night" but over 200 cars must have showed up so i didn't want to pay and wait to make a couple more passes w/ long waits in the pits so we packed up and went home disappointed but happy at the same time. The track was in the GREAT shape and the RT lane was damn near PERFECT hooking well enough for 7/8sec passes!

I wanted to also test out the new Hoosier DR's but just simply ran out of time my apologies once again Tom and Jim for having no feedback yet

Still have to work on leaving a bit harder off the line but very happy the d/t has still held up and the 60' ain't that bad lol.

Happy part is it's a new personal best for ET and MPH!

VIDEO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_--AejWmzQ

nice run
    2003 Evolution VIII

very nice pat...
    so did the spark tech coils meet ur expectations?...
    how much smoother does ur car feel with em?
    very nice pat... ur one step closer to that 9 sec pass buddy
    Posted from my mobile device

Wow Pat...Fart at the finish line and your there.....very nice. How did the car feel on the leave to you with the slicks?
    '06 IX WW RS

Quote Originally Posted by whtrice View Post
    Wow Pat...Fart at the finish line and your there.....very nice. How did the car feel on the leave to you with the slicks?
    Honestly w/ the track conditions it felt very soft

I actually had Sean up the boost off the line by about 5psi and in the vid that's almost a complete dump and still couldn't spin the tires.

I'm actually contemplating upping it even more and/or switching to a 24" tire in stead of the 26" i have now.

It's hard for me to make any changes as i still think it's there as is w/ just a bit more of an agressive launch.

I feel like a VAG sometimes not launching it harder but that's the way i work i slowly creep up on it until i find the exact technique and hope to not break anything in the process lol.

Launch looked pretty darn good, just a slight step to the right going into second but otherwise straight as they go. The 26's look very controlable. Air gets a bit better and I know your there. The mph sure is. You have a methodical approach and that is good.
    '06 IX WW RS

Talking

Hey Pat, Awesome time at Sactown!! That was hella fun tagging along, you guyz are serious about breaking into the 9's, and I know its going to happen soon!!! Let me know if you guys are going next week?

nice run man........is that a street car as well?.......damn thats fast
    DRASTIC!
    J-n-R Performance
    BlazinBuilt

Infidel

MCLMM

good shit pat...! almost at the 9sec mark.... Good Job FFTEC
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC

Good stuff!!! Nice run.
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net