Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: air force? security forces?

Default air force? security forces?

anyone in the air force? security forces?

im looking into joining..

myspace.com/pinoyryder

Past Cars:
    2005 Silver 350z
    2006 Black 350z
    2008 Silver G37 sport

Current cars:

2008 PB GSR Evo X
    HKS SSQV
    MXP Downpipe
    MXP test pipe

2008 Raven R6 (stock)

*On the Way*

It's getting harder and harder to join the US Airforce...so if you got any prior convictions you might as well join the US Army. I am active duty us army, been in for 10 years and based in korea..its not bad at all.

how hard is it to qualify for security forces?
    i got a 60 on my pre-asvab test, is that good?
    what are the physical requirements?
    usually how long would i be shipped out for?
    usually how many time do you get to go home and for how long?
    while on duty where are you usually stationed?

my goal is to go into a career in law enforcement, swat. being is SF should help out alot right?

thanks!!

myspace.com/pinoyryder

Past Cars:
    2005 Silver 350z
    2006 Black 350z
    2008 Silver G37 sport

Current cars:

2008 PB GSR Evo X
    HKS SSQV
    MXP Downpipe
    MXP test pipe

2008 Raven R6 (stock)

*On the Way*

Hey brotha im active duty Air Force. Stationed at Travis AFB. As far as security forces your 60 is fine. For the most part Security Forces (sorry thats what we call cops in the AF) are usally 6 months on 6 0ff. Remember this its the millitary and nothing is in stone except for the rules. As far as getting in, we are still taking people it might just take a while before you get plugged into a spot. October is a good time to go talk to your recruiter because it the new fiscal year and he will have a good idea as to what the Air Forces needs are for the year. If you want in go talk to your recruiter and let him or her know you want in! Good Luck! PM me with any other ?'s.

To add to what DPC said...Being Security Forces will help you out a little in the civilian world but not much because SF and regular follow different laws...in the military we follow the Uniform Code Of Military Justice. Military service in general will help you big time in any job that civilian life has to offer. Physical requirements should not worry you at all...if your not physically fit I am sure they will get you up to par however if your overweight you might run into some issues. Going home is usually allowed through block leave (vacation) dates...in the US Army leave dates are normally JUN/JUL, DEC/JAN but special exemptions are made also. For every month that you serve in the military you earn 2.5 days of vacation and believe me it adds up. Normally when you first enlist you have the opportunity to get based as close to home as possible...recruiters are sneaky and will try to send you where there is a shortage of personell....so if you decide you want to move close to home stick with it until he breaks....trust me on that I was a prior recruiter.

Air Force is the way to go. 13 yrs in now and no regrets. SF is cool, then once in for 3-4+ yrs you can look at going into OSI (Office of Special Investigations). Guys leave OSI to go work for FBI and other GOV agencies. I have an OSI friend of mine who gets recruited from time to time by the FBI. Good shyt if thats your thing. The military laws are kind of different, but its all the same. You'll learn code enforcement, weapons, and other things that will make you very qualified on the outside. Plus, the AF will pay 100% of your tuition if you want to also get your bachelors in Criminal Justice. I know some who did just that, but they decided to become officers in the AF. Get with some of the AF EVO guys at the Fairfield meets and ask more. Go AF and never look back.
    2010 evo x gsr

AF was always one of my option, but the only thing I wanted to do is to be a pilot. Wanted to fly F16 as a kid but it's bit too late now. LOL but becoming a pilot is still my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    AF was always one of my option, but the only thing I wanted to do is to be a pilot. Wanted to fly F16 as a kid but it's bit too late now. LOL but becoming a pilot is still my dream.
    Join the US Army and become and AH-64 Apache pilot...which is one mean ass attack helicopter.

yea i kno, i wanted to fly a F16. the recruiter told me i was too old

myspace.com/pinoyryder

Past Cars:
    2005 Silver 350z
    2006 Black 350z
    2008 Silver G37 sport

Current cars:

2008 PB GSR Evo X
    HKS SSQV
    MXP Downpipe
    MXP test pipe

2008 Raven R6 (stock)

*On the Way*

I've been in Security Forces for 15 years, had I not cross-trained into Combat Arms as a firearms instructor (still working in the Security Forces Squadron though) I would have probably got out years ago. I just see to many cases where we try to eat our own and as was already mentioned, the deployments are getting silly, they say 6 out and 6 back, but you always have anywhere from 2-weeks to 2-months of regional training you must attend depending on where you go, so your looking at less time back w/ your family now more than ever before. If you have the chance to go for a different job do it, if you wash out they'll make you a cop anyway, it's basically a careerfield they send you to because they need so many people. I'll be looking to cross-train once I get outta school down here in Florida next week, but we'll see. Are you going active duty, guard, or reserve?

AEM Intake/filter, FP-Red, MR O2 housing, MR DP, BR cat-back, Turbonetics Raptor BOV, Boomba Racing TB, Nisei UICP, ETS LICP, Turbo XS FMIC, Kelford 272 cams, Helix cam gears, ARP head studs, Super Tech valve springs/retainers, FIC Bluemax 1250cc injectors, Walbro FP, GM 3-port ECU controlled boost, Omni 4-bar MAP sensor, AEM UEGO WB gauge, ACT clutch, Tephra mod version-7.-419hp/349tq FFTec Mustang dyno