Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devastating Runs at Sactown

Quote Originally Posted by Kasaper View Post
    Hey Pat, talked to Sean this morning were ordering the 3rd and 4th gears and associated parts today. I don't mind running the car the way its currently setup. But I'm thinking to hit solid 10's consistently I'm gonna need those valve springs and retainers so I can have a little more safety built into the motor. You probably know you could break into the 10's in my car, but I'm still learn'n and burn'n. Thanks guys this is hella fun!!
    Gotcha just don't want you to spend any extra than you should too quickly as well as having the down-time.

You and i both know it's more fun to play than it is to work!

Again i'm all for going quicker and faster and your enthusiasm is wonderful to see and be a part of!

Looks like our drag racing addiction has rubbed off on ya a bit

Congrats man i hope you see tens here soon. I wish i had more money to play with to get out to the track more and refresh my dumb tranny that the previous owner trashed on. But i will take it one step at a time and my goal is the same as yors to get 10 haha you will get it i have confident in you man.

Jon
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

Quote Originally Posted by Jbalke212 View Post
    Congrats man i hope you see tens here soon. I wish i had more money to play with to get out to the track more and refresh my dumb tranny that the previous owner trashed on. But i will take it one step at a time and my goal is the same as yors to get 10 haha you will get it i have confident in you man.

Jon
    On that note Jon if you come in or talk to Sean about what i pm'd ya about on EE you can feel free to pick Dave's brain about trans stuff since it seems yours has some beat-down miles on it

Yep, I might be up for some sneak and tweek sessions, depends on what Sean says is safe, believe me those 10's would be awesome, if I didn't get red flagged and asked to leave before I could seriously do some deep 10's that would be even better!! Let me know when the rest of my parts get in and call me if we can get her in soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kasaper View Post
    Yep, I might be up for some sneak and tweek sessions, depends on what Sean says is safe, believe me those 10's would be awesome, if I didn't get red flagged and asked to leave before I could seriously do some deep 10's that would be even better!! Let me know when the rest of my parts get in and call me if we can get her in soon!!
    Will do!

Looks like it will be a springs/retainer party at the shop once again for both yours and mine lol.

I'm so glad we have protocol for doing those it makes it much easier than doing them alone!

Quote Originally Posted by PAT@FFTEC View Post
    On that note Jon if you come in or talk to Sean about what i pm'd ya about on EE you can feel free to pick Dave's brain about trans stuff since it seems yours has some beat-down miles on it
    Yea i will for sure when i first got my car the person i bought it off of said that the transmission is pretty cruddy when cold but when it worms up it feels like brand new yea my ass haha but either way whatever. I will deffinetely talk to Dave thanks for the idea.
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

BOOYA!! Lets have a valve sprgs/retainer and gearbox party!!! Can't wait to GET HER DONE!!!

Good times with slicks. big difference makes me want to try it out also

Quote Originally Posted by EvoSix View Post
    Good times with slicks. big difference makes me want to try it out also
    Just so there isn't any confusion........these are "drag radials" not a "slick".

A slick refers to a bias-ply, full slick tread, w/ the stickiest compound available.

Something like a Mickey Thompson ET Street and Hoosier QTP but both fall in between a slick and drag radial......bein they are bias-ply but have a groove(s) in the tread area adn run a compound very close to a full slick if not exact.

A "drag radial" is a radial enforced sidewall tire that has specifically design treads and a soft compound.

These new Hoosiers are on the extreme end of a "drag radial" being they are not intended for general highway use as there is little grooving in the tread area and it has a very, very soft sticky compound similar to the bias-ply ET street and QTP.

Looks like I bought me some Hoosier DR's!! That'll be an early Xmas present to myself!!