Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastating Runs at Sactown

Default Devastating Runs at Sactown

Finally Manned Up!! And took Pat's advise on running slicks. As you know my first run at Sactown was not all that impressive on street tires, I ran 11.8's and spun pretty bad 1st and 2nd gear. WOW!! What a difference would be an understatement!! My first run with slicks posted a 11.44 and the times continued to drop with the advice of Pat and Steve of Full Function. 11.4's became 11.3 to 11.2 and finally to two consecutive back to back runs at 11.1's. I was running out of gearing in 4th into redline at 124mph so we decided to quit while we were ahead. The funny thing was the crowd was actually rooting for the lil white EVO destroying the vettes and GTO's on these runs!!! I would like to thank Pat for helping me refine my two step, and talking some sense into my stubborn head, special thanks go out to Steve for turning me on to his TOP SECRET MOD!! Worked like a charm and I did go faster!! You'll have to wait for Pat to post my times and videos at his convenience. Once again I would like to thank Full Function for their dedication and mentoring on how to better my 1/4 mile runs, these guys show a true enthusiasm for RACING.

nice run Vince
    2003 Evolution VIII

Thanks!! It was hella fun!!

dang 11.1 thats sweet, so are you shooting for 10s now ?

Yeah, got valve springs and retainers on order and EVO 8 3rd and 4th gears coming. Might have to add some extended wheel studs too. Those slicks almost dropped my times by a full second, but I've got EVO 9 gearing and valve float at the higher rpms, so this should hook me up for now!!

VINCE...............YOU ARE THE MAN!

Great job driving yesterday.

Congrats on both setting a new PR but also on proving what a potent combo can do in the hands of a decent driver!

Guys this car is the real deal........driven to and from SF to Sac and back all on E-85 and damn near running 10's by the end of the day.

Vince is a very easy guy to help make improvemnets on his driving as this is only his 3rd time out at the track and can still improve his shifting technique.........that along w/ his valvetrain/transmission mods will def net some 10 sec passes.

For anyone that is interested in these Hoosier DR's they work.........PERIOD!

Look out for another specific thread about the action fom yesterday along w/ pics/vids/timeslips

FULL FUNCTION FTW!

Hey Pat, looking forward to getting into those 10's with those supporting mods!! Love that test and tune session, got to tighten my game down on those 1st to 2nd shifts, I know, practice, practice, practice! If you have time could you post some of those vids with me on slicks!!! Thanks!!

thats awesome!! Way to represent the evos.

Wait til Pat posts those vids he and Steve took, I don't like to talk smack but some of those runs against those big blocks were embarrassing. I'm still jacked-up from those two-step launches!!! Thanks for the support!!

Nice driving. It's always fun to bitchslap some V8's around.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.