Thread: Vintage Skyline (pics)

Default Vintage Skyline (pics)

As some of you may know, I am currently stationed in Japan. Well, I had the opportunity to be a Nissan StageA complete with RB25DET motor but by the time I got there it was sold. Damn, that meant a 1.5 hour drive wasted and $40 toll fees (each way wasted). As I headed back home, out of the corner of my eye, i could not believe what I saw. No one but 2 genuine Hakosuka Skylines. I am not sure if they are genuine GT-Rs. These vintage cars are one of my dreamcars. So, I pull into the parking lot with my friend Jason and his Japanese wife thinking "wow, I can now have my dream car". A Japanese dealer politely comes up to us and asks how he can help. I ask Jason's wife to translate for us and ask for a price. The dealer said a number and then she gave an audible gasp. Before I reveal the price, let me show you some pics:

Me between KPGC-110 so called Ken and Mary (left) and KGC-10 (right),

Side view of KGC-10. Notice the flawless paint but it looked too perfect to be the original.

Another side view

Side view of the Ken and Mary.

Another side view.

Front view

Hood up

Interior of C10

Motor

Hmmm only 130 hp? This must be the L20 motor.

So what's the price you say? The Ken and Mary Hakosuka is a cool 180 million yen. Present exchange rate is 88 yen to the dollar. The Regular hakosuka is 150 million yen. So talking about $205K, and $170K respectively. I now understand why the big gasp. Realize that a correct and original S20 engine in genuine GT-Rs go for $20K minimum. A lot of owners shoe horn an L20 engine to preserve the S20.

Still have doubts about if these are the real deal but they sure are priced like them.

Honestly, are they worth that much? Debatable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but they certainly are beautiful, aren't they? Hope you enjoyed the post and pics.

Wow.... holy crap, haha....all i can say is that is STRAIGHT JDM YO!!!

Japan all the way YOz!!!

nice!

That's neat. Vintage Skylines are cool and all, but I dunno about dropping $200k on one.

You can get a 997 GT2 for less than that.
    I keep an inch and a half guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.

nice cars!
    2003 Evolution VIII

Thanks for sharing these awesome cars pics, I always wonder how much this old bad boys would go for... but wow!!!! The car salesman of that dealership is pretty cool, in order for him to even let you pop the hood and take some pics cool pics once again .

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    That's neat. Vintage Skylines are cool and all, but I dunno about dropping $200k on one.

You can get a 997 GT2 for less than that.
    It's about it being a collectible and rare, not best bang for the buck.

An Evo would run circles around it and can be had for $15k! You could buy 14!
    Artist formerly known as John
    1992 Galant VR4
    2008 Mazdaspeed3

RIP 2006 GG Evolution IX SSL - Fubar'd by GST
    RIP 2005 EB Evolution VIII SSL - flipped, totalled

I do agree...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But Japanese are real fanatics about these cars. Some of these cars approach almost 1 million. Go to this site:

www.rockyauto.co.jp