Thread: Update on Patrick B's Evo........something broke!

Default Update on Patrick B's Evo........something broke!

Well after running 10.083 last week i wanted to go back out and get that 9 sec slip after changing nothing on the car just the attitude of leaving a bit harder.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_--AejWmzQ

Well that track prep was a lot diff than last week........for the worse

Had to adjust the pressures down in the Hoosier's to about 14 F / 16 R and still had a bit of wheel spin in first which killed the 60' and bogged the car on the 1-2 shift slightly falling out of 38psi of boost :crap:

And on the best run of the day through 3rd gear................i banged 4th and then it just fell flat on it's face

Really thought something in the motor let loose but alas no smoke from behind me and no trail of oil
    Didn't hear any sort of pop to lead me to believe it was an i/c pipe blowing off so i was glad to see this:

Easy fix but i'm now contemplating swapping to another turbo as we have a customer that wants my 35r as his 30r is toast.

However i'm up in the air about now making a few more changes to the turbo, fmic, and also the i/c piping.

I run an AMS street i/c and have logged IAT's in the heat of the Sac summer at the top of 4th at over 160* so maybe a change is due for that as well and if so then i think we'll fab up some new piping to match.

What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by PAT@FFTEC View Post
    Well after running 10.083 last week i wanted to go back out and get that 9 sec slip after changing nothing on the car just the attitude of leaving a bit harder.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_--AejWmzQ

Well that track prep was a lot diff than last week........for the worse

Had to adjust the pressures down in the Hoosier's to about 14 F / 16 R and still had a bit of wheel spin in first which killed the 60' and bogged the car on the 1-2 shift slightly falling out of 38psi of boost :crap:

And on the best run of the day through 3rd gear................i banged 4th and then it just fell flat on it's face

Really thought something in the motor let loose but alas no smoke from behind me and no trail of oil
    Didn't hear any sort of pop to lead me to believe it was an i/c pipe blowing off so i was glad to see this:

Easy fix but i'm now contemplating swapping to another turbo as we have a customer that wants my 35r as his 30r is toast.

However i'm up in the air about now making a few more changes to the turbo, fmic, and also the i/c piping.

I run an AMS street i/c and have logged IAT's in the heat of the Sac summer at the top of 4th at over 160* so maybe a change is due for that as well and if so then i think we'll fab up some new piping to match.

What do you all think?
    damm pat that sucks to hear man...but all i can say is.....
    do it do it do it...go big brotha haha lol....
    Posted from my mobile device

Now that is crazy to see. Hmm if that happens at 38 pounds of boost what will happen at 40+ haha. Get it fixed maybe fab up a new intercooler pipe and get ride back out there.
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

Quote Originally Posted by Jbalke212 View Post
    Now that is crazy to see. Hmm if that happens at 38 pounds of boost what will happen at 40+ haha. Get it fixed maybe fab up a new intercooler pipe and get ride back out there.
    Honestly don't care to find out LOL

I was just talking to a buddy about if the brace wasn't on there maybe i could have just re-tightened up the clamps and kept racing ......but i fear that it could have actually damaged the hard brake lines you see in the pics...........very thankful it didn't!

Yea i think if it had enough force to brake the weld we see there in the picture that it might have damamged your brake lines significantly so lucky you did have that there haha. Aw come on 40+ is when all the real fun begins Pat haha. Good stuff man i would either just fix it or make a new one and get back out there i think were going to have a pretty good winter=not that many test and tune days.
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

Yeah, Pat sorry for your loss, but that gave you time to make me a better driver. WIN WIN!! You wanted to upgrade anyway, right!

WOW

upgrade pat...you wont regret it.....!
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC