Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CHP fill up on E85

Default CHP fill up on E85

Two weeks ago I filled up at the Hayward Station and was waiting for my friends to take me to Sac Raceway. As I was waiting parked by the air hose/water area a CHP stopped up to an E85 pump and started pumping gas. Me being a nosey bastard, I had to ask him why I always see CHP in this station? He replied its for the E85, apparrently were not the only ones tuned to the corn power!! I don't know what percentage run E85, but it seems like everytime I fill up I see them! He was cool tho, talked about the lousy mileage and such. No hassles.

most of the new crown vics are flexfuel.

3. Default

SJPD

400whp/384tq - E85 - stock turbo
    334whp/317tq - 91oct - stock turbo

Sponsored by www.speedelement.com / www.rallyinnovations.com / www.bajadesigns.com / www.sportsracingfuel.com / www.gruppe-s.com / www.vexmotorsports.com / www.detailaddict.com
    Tuned by Bryan@GST Motorsports
    Proud supporter of www.gstmotorsports.com / www.xperformance.com

are they faster lol?
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

Yeah I believe they have been running E85 for quite a while, I remember seen cop cars behind the Allison BMW a few years back filling up their cars with this alternative gas. And these were the city of Mountain View cop cars. (but back then I didn't know much about the capabilities and characteristics of this delicious alternative fuel not like I know much now on days, all I know is that tons of EVOs are turning into thirsty E85 and the the power results are outstanding.

wow lol interesting I never noticed that .

I have seen man CHPs at San Jose Chevron too.

I hope that means E85 around to stay!! If all the PDs and CHP are running it there is another reason to keep it around!!!

sorry to be a noob at e85...
    is it true that only vehicles with flex-fuel can use it otherwise you would need a conversion kit or something...

You need to get tune for it, Also in order to optimize the use of e85 u should consider a set of large injectors and a fuel pump ( if u don't have one by now)
    being able to switch maps from 91 to e85 on the fly is the best thing ever. Hehe.
    In the words of Ceaser:Veni, Vidi, Vici...

431whp 390tq e85 go green!!!! WOT special...

Socalevo.net