Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Okada Plasma Quad Pack vs SparkTech Pro CDI-12 System

Jay,
    you only have 2 of them ? LOL, I though you changed all 4 of them ? so basically 2 of them coasts about 400 ? or for 4 ? cuz Im looking for 2 as well LOOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    Jay,
    you only have 2 of them ? LOL, I though you changed all 4 of them ? so basically 2 of them coasts about 400 ? or for 4 ? cuz Im looking for 2 as well LOOOOL

lol, yes only 2
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by RREVOVIII View Post
    lol, yes only 2
    did you buy 4 and put 2 of them in your car ? or no you just bought 2 ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    did you buy 4 and put 2 of them in your car ? or no you just bought 2 ? LOL
    the COP style are new, they didnt have those out yet when i purchased mine.
    2003 Evolution VIII

hey jay what u mean is thier a new version of plasma coils out now?

what would u think would be better suited for a normal e85 tune bro sparktech or plasma?

Hey all i'll add what i can to the mix and sorry for rambling on but that's what i do!

I do run a SparkTech COP system but it's the (non-cdi) that is geared mainly towards the stock ecu guys but it does work fine w/ my AEM.

I'm truely sorry that i don't provide more solid tanagble results via the dyno so you guys can see first hand if there is any gains from these systems.

We actually tried a direct swap on GTride's Evo 9 w/ SD.

Made a pull and immediately swapped the ST COP no change to anything at all......it didn't make any more power and it didn't lose any power.

The tough thing with these systems is that theoretically you should be able to run a little large plug gap and from that shoudl be able to make some extra hp w/o blow-out.

The hard part about that is trying to have multiple sets of plugs at diff gaps to see where the threshold for blowout is and then see if at that gap if the car made any hp.

W/ the iridium plugs i run it's not feasible nor rec'd to try and adjust the gap up and down for fear of breaking the plug in diff places.

So as far as hard info we don't have any right now but maybe when winter comes and we have extra time to phuk w/ stuff we can find out the sweet spot for gap......cuz i'm not about to shell out $50 a pop for multiple sets of plugs.....i did that w/ the race gas and it adds up quick!

To be honest we haven't even had my car back on the dyno for some time now and the first time out on my Evo was at the drag strip and i gambled by throwing in a stock gapped plug .025" w/ the ST COP on and unfortunatley it mis-fired pretty bad in almost every gear.

Time wasn't on our side so i had to make the decision to go back to what we knew worked 100% and so i gapped them down to .021" and it cleared up completely and i went on to run a PB in both ET and MPH.

I'm sorry but i have NO experience w/ the Okada coils but we do have our customer Vince(kasaper) who runs them and he doesn't have any missing issues but i'm sure we gapped his plugs down a bit as well.

I'm sure he can chime in w/ more info.

Hoenstly my oem coils were doing fine but i had a great deal from Craig @ ST so i jumped on it as he has great customer service and it's the kind of company i'd like to support and have as a partial sponsorship.

I guess i could go to the system tht runs the M&W bix but i think it may be a bit much for my current set-up.

oh ok, I though you bough 4 of them and you have 2 left so I was gonna buy the other 2 from you . thanks Jay

ninja dealing agian frisky haha lol

Quote Originally Posted by sho_evo_209 View Post
    ninja dealing agian frisky haha lol

stop reading my posts LOOL get back to your work LOOOOL

haha lol hey im on break buddy hahaha lol.. u thinking of buying the plasma's frisky?