Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Tahoe and need some snow tires!

Default Going to Tahoe and need some snow tires!

So I go to Tahoe maybe twice a year and currently rocking summer tires so going up with those are a no-no. I'm about to pull the trigger on either the ws-60s or the wintercontacts. Now before I did buy them, I wanted to see if anyone in NorCal has an extra set if tires they can rent out to me. This way we both benefit, I have safer tires, and a member can use the money for more parts!

Pm me if you guys want to work something out!

ive used bfgoodrich g force summer tires in storm conditions and was fine..u cant jus be a idiot when driving..

i actually have the same tires. storms arent an issue, its all the snow/ice/black ice. im sure these tires werent meant for the cold temperatures.

i got through it last season with bridgestone pole positions lol, funny thing is after the check point where u put chains, my car started to slide the second he waved me bye. I was fine the whole trip and it was coming down pretty good, just had to get use to being real gentle on the gas while accelerating. Obviously not the best way to get through the snow, but if its only for 1-2 times a season why buy full on snow shoes

wondering if it's fine to use snow chain if car is lowered?
    09 NorCal NASA TTB #7

im not sure but i only have a finger gap so im guessing chains are a no go for me.

your not supposed to use chains on the evo..it definatly says no no on this in the owners manual

I think a reg all season tire would work fine being that if it were that severe of conditions i wouldn't wana risk it anyway same goes w/ wanting to use chains.

Just my opinion as i have seen and saved way too many people in the Sierras after making bad decisions about driving......hell i myself have been caught in very very bad situations and thankfully made it out

hmmm that is very intresting on that fact that u cant use chains on our cars can someone elaberate on this please hehe!?
    Posted from my mobile device

Quote Originally Posted by sho_evo_209 View Post
    hmmm that is very intresting on that fact that u cant use chains on our cars can someone elaberate on this please hehe!?
    Posted from my mobile device
    low clearance. snow cables/chains can break and take out brake line/abs sensor, etc. I've seen it happen on BMWs and Mercedes.

summer tires freeze in snow. they become rocks.
    VROOOOOOOOM, PSSHH!!!