Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need some advice on new rims

As far as my experience since I used to own Rota G-Force.
    If your going for looks I highly recomment you to lower the car on crucial, tein or any sort of spring and then put the Rota G-Force and you do not want to go over 245s for sure even with 245s you will rob a little bit on the full turn.

If you dont plan on lowering it then 255s should be fine but keep in mind that those rims along with those tires is going to be supper heavy .

here I got a pic for you just so that you can see how it looks with 18.x9 Rota G-Force 32offset with 245/40/18s and I had to roll my fenders as well .

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    As far as my experience since I used to own Rota G-Force.
    If your going for looks I highly recomment you to lower the car on crucial, tein or any sort of spring and then put the Rota G-Force and you do not want to go over 245s for sure even with 245s you will rob a little bit on the full turn.

If you dont plan on lowering it then 255s should be fine but keep in mind that those rims along with those tires is going to be supper heavy .

here I got a pic for you just so that you can see how it looks with 18.x9 Rota G-Force 32offset with 245/40/18s and I had to roll my fenders as well .

i was hoping to some springs to lower the car when i opt for the rims. Its kinda far to drive so id like to get it done in one swoop. What would you recommend? Im not set on 255's. This car is not my DD.

what rims did you upgrade to? Id like to get the advans but too expensive. My wife would kill me. anyway. let me know what id need to be complete and driveable. I appreciate your input. This will be my first set of rims and lowering springs so im not to sure of brands.

As far as springs I say you can go with Crutioals Im not sure how its spelled lol. but they go for around 250ish I believe you can contact M4 and im sure they will give you a good deal on them.

since your not a DD then im not sure why your plan on putting these rims on the car ? LOL, but usually people that put these rims on are looking for looks LOL these are definitely not for Track, Road Race, drag race or ... these are only and only for looks . Unless you get the real Advans which is gonna coast so much but they are supper light

IMO I Highly recomment you to get the car lowered first then as far as rims just go to diff sites and look at evos with diff rims and diff tires sizes and then shop around for a proper size. cuz remember the Rim is one of the most impotant thing about your car and they can either make your car look Supper sick or They can make make your car look ugly.

Just take your time and with out any rush find the set that your looking for. Trust me I lost a lot of money by not doing enough of research and just jumping into things .

let us know how it goes, and what your about to do maybe we can help you even more . Good luck to you.

born in socal raised in the bay now stuck in tracy?!?

yes they are your one stop shop for your every need!!!!! love them will always go to them but wheeldude also has very nice rotas for a very good price also!!

Wheeldude's test evo....SPEEDELEMENT...ftw...hks drop in filter,carbon ti cbe,rsr dp, mbc, denso720,cosworth272, supertech springs n retainers,arp headstuds, tuned by Andy...301whp 325ftlbs

sorry for forgot to reply to that LOL, but I have contacted WheelDude as well and they sale their Rotas for 900 I Believe but look around you might find 800 ish as well

OP: first of all...watch out for wwevoviii coz he's notorious for ninja deals...
    second: if you're looking for some rims, I know someone who's selling his advans so let me know if you'd be interested...again, watch out for that "dude" up there ^^^ LOL

As far as springs I say you can go with Crutioals Im not sure how its spelled lol. but they go for around 250ish I believe you can contact M4 and im sure they will give you a good deal on them.

since your not a DD then im not sure why your plan on putting these rims on the car ? LOL, but usually people that put these rims on are looking for looks LOL these are definitely not for Track, Road Race, drag race or ... these are only and only for looks . Unless you get the real Advans which is gonna coast so much but they are supper light

IMO I Highly recomment you to get the car lowered first then as far as rims just go to diff sites and look at evos with diff rims and diff tires sizes and then shop around for a proper size. cuz remember the Rim is one of the most impotant thing about your car and they can either make your car look Supper sick or They can make make your car look ugly.

Just take your time and with out any rush find the set that your looking for. Trust me I lost a lot of money by not doing enough of research and just jumping into things .

let us know how it goes, and what your about to do maybe we can help you even more . Good luck to you.
    I saw a sale they had for the Tein S Tech springs with install for 399. Im thinking about doing something like that first. My wife is getting me a rear sway bar for christmas (she doesnt know i know...lol). I want to get both of those installed before i jump into rims. There are just so many brands out there its tough to decide. Right now its between the S techs and the Tanabe springs. Thoughts?

watch out for tein springs they lower your car a good amount and stock struts/shocks dont really like it...heres a pic of my rota grids 18x9.5 my cars a DD with 94k on it im not gonna go out and spend like 5 grand on rims just to have them get chipped up from rocks etc..

Last edited by ddubdb3; 12-16-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Just go with Crucials and you be good to go and as far as 399 I would say get crucials, I know M4 can get you Crucials installed for cheaper than 399 and they are more expensive than Teins . thats where I got mine installed, then go for the rims and you be good . DDUBD you car looks sick . can you please share with him what size of rim and tires you got inthere so he can decided better and also if you did role your fenders which I believe you did and also your fronts I can see what you did LOL.

as far as Batosai LOOOOOOL leave me alone hahahahah J.K this guy is one of the funniest guys on this site and its just hard to challenge him LOL.

good luck man and keep the research going

Just go with Crucials and you be good to go and as far as 399 I would say get crucials, I know M4 can get you Crucials installed for cheaper than 399 and they are more expensive than Teins . thats where I got mine installed, then go for the rims and you be good . DDUBD you car looks sick . can you please share with him what size of rim and tires you got inthere so he can decided better and also if you did role your fenders which I believe you did and also your fronts I can see what you did LOL.

as far as Batosai LOOOOOOL leave me alone hahahahah J.K this guy is one of the funniest guys on this site and its just hard to challenge him LOL.

good luck man and keep the research going
    lol

How much of a drop are the crucials? I dont want to destroy my struts any quicker than necessary. I will look into those springs, sounds like you are happy with them. Thanks for the input