Thread: HP gain with tune

Default HP gain with tune

Does anyone know how much power you can gain from a tune(a safe tune) without all the mods? I think I heard its around 25 hp or so and if you remove the speed limiter what top speed is? Also what single mod offers the most power gain other than a larger turbo? Thanks in advance

e85 is prob equal or more power then a upgraded turbo. best mod would be full turbo back exhaust system
    WWW.BLUR-LIFE.COM
    Do-Luck body kit, seibon carbonfiber hood & trunk, apr gtc200 wing, blacked out headlights/taillights,18x9 gold advan rg2s, blue brembos brakes, forced fed fmic, 264/272 buddyclub cams, tanabe downpipe, hks hiper catback, helix tp, k&n typhoon intake, samco ic hoses, gfb bov, defi boost gauge, defi hud, cusco 6pt rollcage, tein ha coilovers, progress rear sway bar,cusco under front brace, panasonic double din indash ac relocated, 255 walbro

A good free flowing (3" from the turbo back) and air filter.

AEM Intake/filter, FP-Red, MR O2 housing, MR DP, BR cat-back, Turbonetics Raptor BOV, Boomba Racing TB, Nisei UICP, ETS LICP, Turbo XS FMIC, Kelford 272 cams, Helix cam gears, ARP head studs, Super Tech valve springs/retainers, FIC Bluemax 1250cc injectors, Walbro FP, GM 3-port ECU controlled boost, Omni 4-bar MAP sensor, AEM UEGO WB gauge, ACT clutch, Tephra mod version-7.-419hp/349tq FFTec Mustang dyno

Cool deal cause I have the Greddy Ti-C exhaust that replaces all stock parts and am gonna get mapped to run E85 and some other mods. Is the only thing you need for E85 larger fuel injectors?
    Last edited by Evol06; 02-02-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evol06 View Post
    Cool deal cause I have Greddy Ti-C exhaust and am gonna get mapped to run E85 and some other mods. Is the only thing you need for E85 larger fuel injectors?

Good to have a exhaust. You'll need to open that freaking piping for more flow. Wayyyy too restrictive.
    Be nice to have a new filter and/or legit intake.
    If you just want a tune with exhaust and e-85, you'll of course need NEW injectors. Those stocks will NOT do you good what so ever with e-85. If you may, get a new Fuel Pump (Walbro | AKA: Whinebro). You don't HAVE to, but it would be hella nice to get one and makes it easier on you and the tuner.

If you want MORE POWER, go more supporting mods. ALL piping, Front Mount, Cams with some valve springs, retainers, head studs, porting on your exhaust, intake manifolds, and/or throttle body, etc!!!!

yeah I am gonna do fuel pump, injectors, intake, boost solenoid, e85 but damn there are just so many things to choose from. Got filter. If only I was rich.LOL
    I work at same place as Pat from FFTEC so if he ever brings in his Evo maybe I can do a quick engine swap when he isn't looking. LOL
    Last edited by Evol06; 02-02-2010 at 10:29 PM.

yeah I am gonna do fuel pump, injectors, intake, boost solenoid, e85 but damn there are just so many things to choose from. if only I was rich.LOL
    I work at same place as Pat from FFTEC so if he ever brings in his Evo maybe I can do a quick engine swap when he isn't looking. LOL

LOL
    2003 Evolution VIII

yeah I am gonna do fuel pump, injectors, intake, boost solenoid, e85 but damn there are just so many things to choose from. Got filter. If only I was rich.LOL
    From the last he told me, he only drives the Evo on the track. But good idea
    Powered
    380 WHP 362 lbs tq

Evolution IX - Sold*

Yeah it's never there but he did say he puts it on the road once in awhile. Its funny when I saw it there awhile ago and its got drag tires on it as I haven't seen any other cars really chilling with slicks