Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay tuned 11sec ssl evo

Default Jay tuned 11sec ssl evo

I got a call saturday day morning from a friend of mine to come out a watch and help some people try to get some good times out of there evo's at sac raceway my favorite track(i know everyone there pretty much) There was a full weight SSl evo for you that dont know thats the heaviest evo 8/9 they make besides maybe the MR (havent checked the weights)the car had very little mods and big evo 10 18in wheels with hard side wall street tires

cars mods

aem intake carb legal
    boost pill
    lower intercooler pipe
    full 3in turbo back exhaust (catless)
    V1 titek o2 housing
    1000 or 1200cc injectors (didnt really look to see what cc)
    and a 255 fuel pump
    stock cams
    stock turbo
    stock ecu Tuned by No Budget tuning aka Jay (street tuned!!!) i heard the car made 4xx hp and i have no idea what the tq was
    e85 fuel

It was the owners first time drag racing ever he did well i saw the trap speeds and told the owner that the car was capable of 11's he looked at me crazy he made alot of runs and let his friend drive the car and then i somehow was in the car with Jay handing me his helmet

first pass
    (remember now my car has been down for 7 months or so and i have been driving a 100hp civic my dd)

i went first time 1.7 60 foot 12.2 at 115 the cars revlimiter was at 7300 or so i ran out of gear in 4th it hit the limiter thats way the trap was so low so i came back and told Jay too lift the revlimiter to 8150 and lower the launch limiter from 5600 to 5400 and went out for a second pass

second pass
    went 1.7 60foot 12.1 at 116 i knew what i had to do

third pass
    1.7 60 foot 11.923 at 118

heres owner driving the car
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6FUyTBwFVQ

and then good old fat a$# me lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzntcqY9BtA

Jays tune was super smooth no hicups at all!!!!

I just want to say thanks to the owner of the car for letting me drive it i had a BLAST and to jay for being there with his laptop to make the adjustments i wanted and my boy Andrew for calling me
    Last edited by slow/ass/rs; 02-21-2010 at 09:20 PM.

heres are the last 2 back to back pulls. the dotted lines was the 1st pull after i flashed my cleaned up Maps in it. It was started @ high rpm to replicate the Baseline due to traffic. But we did another pull this time we were able to start @ 2500 rpm, and as the graph shows the power is still there! The boost was still the same from the original tune, its @ 27psi.

the car has more in it, especially on the low end, but due to no upgraded headstuds, i dont wanna risk it.

Art ask me, if we can raise the boost yesterday. I said NO
    2003 Evolution VIII

looks good i say put some head studs, gm 3 port, crush the bov or get a better one something that can hold boost better and that car will make more power and bring that ET down that and some 17's with some good tires

I'm glad that have Slow/Ass/Rs joining us, and thanks for the tips that he was sharing with us as far as how to make better launches for better timing. It was truely a pleasure to have him joining us .

as far as Jays tune, if you remember I told you that Arts car is almost stock and after Jay's Retune the car can really go LOL (( EVEN ART MENTIONED THAT MY CAR FEELS DIFFERENT )). It was really interesting to have an almost stock evo that was tuned professionally and also was driven by a very talented/ experienced driver like Slow/Ass/Rs and do 11.9 seconds.

hope to see you soon Slow/Ass/Rs

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    I'm glad that have Slow/Ass/Rs joining us, and thanks for the tips that he was sharing with us as far as how to make better launches for better timing. It was truely a pleasure to have him joining us .

as far as Jays tune, if you remember I told you that Arts car is almost stock and after Jay's Retune the car can really go LOL (( EVEN ART MENTIONED THAT MY CAR FEELS DIFFERENT )). It was really interesting to have an almost stock evo that was tuned professionally and also was driven by a very talented/ experienced driver like Slow/Ass/Rs and do 11.9 seconds.

hope to see you soon Slow/Ass/Rs
    thanks for the kind words the car has alot more in it as it sits i wish i could have got one more pass in her there was a 11.7 waiting to come out i know it that and i wish i could have put the hoosier slicks from Julius's car on there

Quote Originally Posted by slow/ass/rs View Post
    thanks for the kind words the car has alot more in it as it sits i wish i could have got one more pass in her there was a 11.7 waiting to come out i know it that and i wish i could have put the hoosier slicks from Julius's car on there

No problem man, we were all happy to have such a cool guy like you joining us . I cant wait till I c you next time, please show up LOOOOOOOL

lets get our cluthes and hand over the keys to him.

from now on we'll call Kyle the "Wheel Man"
    2003 Evolution VIII

haha, im down LOOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    No problem man, we were all happy to have such a cool guy like you joining us . I cant wait till I c you next time, please show up LOOOOOOOL
    just pm me and let me know when you want me to be there or when you have meets and stuff of that sort i love cars and car people thats all i do and think about is cars cars cars lol it was nice meeting all of you

Quote Originally Posted by jay206 View Post
    lets get our cluthes and hand over the keys to him.

from now on we'll call Kyle the "Wheel Man"
    lol nice!! i like to help people learn to drive better too Andrew calls it kyle's launching school