Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: changing all fluids what do you recommend?

Default changing all fluids what do you recommend?

im changing my engine with mobil 1 but i need to know what should i use for the tranny/transfer case/rear end. are they all them same or all different and how much do i need to get. can i get everything at the local pepboys/kragen/autozone? 03 evo
    WWW.BLUR-LIFE.COM
    Do-Luck body kit, seibon carbonfiber hood & trunk, apr gtc200 wing, blacked out headlights/taillights,18x9 gold advan rg2s, blue brembos brakes, forced fed fmic, 264/272 buddyclub cams, tanabe downpipe, hks hiper catback, helix tp, k&n typhoon intake, samco ic hoses, gfb bov, defi boost gauge, defi hud, cusco 6pt rollcage, tein ha coilovers, progress rear sway bar,cusco under front brace, panasonic double din indash ac relocated, 255 walbro

OEM diaqueen in the transfer case and rear diff. Amsoil or redline in the tranny. And no you can't get those at the local parts store, you should probably order them online. Make sure to get the correct weights.

Recaro | Momo | BBS | Bilstein | Brembo

You can get Redline MT90 from Winchester auto.

OEM diaqueen, I would order online.
    Powered
    380 WHP 362 lbs tq

Evolution IX - Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by ArtEvo9 View Post
    You can get Redline MT90 from Winchester auto.

OEM diaqueen, I would order online.
    I would be careful as to who runs the Redline stuff as on most stockish Evo's i'd still suggest the oem fluid but again it would depend upon the usage of the vehicle first and foremost.

That's just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by PAT@FFTEC View Post
    I would be careful as to who runs the Redline stuff as on most stockish Evo's i'd still suggest the oem fluid but again it would depend upon the usage of the vehicle first and foremost.

That's just my opinion

You absolutely right, people should really look into sticking to OEM fluids.
    METHOD 4 MOTOR SPORTS
    415-882-1626

what about for people that have stage one plus upgrade or stage 1 upgrade ? thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    what about for people that have stage one plus upgrade or stage 1 upgrade ? thank you,
    Sorry Nardin i'm not too familiar w/ what the youngsters are callin "stage 1" lol.

But my gutt tells me you'd still be fine w/ oem fluid.

Sorry Nardin i'm not too familiar w/ what the youngsters are callin "stage 1" lol.

But my gutt tells me you'd still be fine w/ oem fluid.
    , sorry about that Pat,
    meaning cams, TBE, intake, injectors, and some porting here and there somewhere around 350 to the wheel thank you Pat .

Quote Originally Posted by WWEVOVIII View Post
    , sorry about that Pat,
    meaning cams, TBE, intake, injectors, and some porting here and there somewhere around 350 to the wheel thank you Pat .
    Got it!

Are you planning on doing a lot of racing whether it be raod track stuff or drag?

If not more than say 25% of the time you use the Evo than i'd stick to stock stuff.

When you start making over 400 or 450 and plan on doing a bit of racing then we'd possibly rec'd something else or if you have some specific work done to your trans but that's not highly likely!

Got it!

Are you planning on doing a lot of racing whether it be raod track stuff or drag?

If not more than say 25% of the time you use the Evo than i'd stick to stock stuff.

When you start making over 400 or 450 and plan on doing a bit of racing then we'd possibly rec'd something else or if you have some specific work done to your trans but that's not highly likely!
    oh sweet, thanks for the advice, I used to put synthetic mobile1 5w30 and synchromesh tranny oil from autozone what a mistake ..... thanks for the tips Pat