Thread: What is wrong with Toyota

Default What is wrong with Toyota

So Toyota has onboard event recorders.... which even if you own the car cannot get too awesome.

“In 2007, Bulent Ezal was pulling into the parking lot of a cliffside restaurant in Pismo Beach, Calif., when his 2005 Camry surged, went over the bluff and crashed on rocks 70 feet below. Mr. Ezal, 75, survived, but his wife, who was in the passenger seat, was killed.” Police could find no mechanical fault, and concluded that Ezal was at fault. Ezal’s Lawyer, Donald Slavik, has been trying to get data from the car’s black box for nearly three years. He was told by Toyota that the data would only be provided if Mr. Slavik got a court to order the company to do so. Later, Toyota told the lawyer “the data in the black box was unusable.”

are there any other car manufactures who apply this same concept in their vehicles? however, that they actually work?
    3300 LBS. of stock sexyness
    Proud sponsor of :

I'm sorry but that lawyer was a dumbass for asking toyota for the data. He should've taken the black box which was Mr. Enzal's property to a 3rd-party company that can hack into the box and retrieve the data within. I wonder what the OP meant by "..cannot get too.." Was the car confiscated by toyota or what?

On the other hand, the guy is 75 and there's the chance he inadvertently pressed the accelerator. You see it on the news all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of scam artists are trying to cash in on this recall by staging accidents.

Of course he inadvertently pressed the throttle...just like every other moron who is accusing of Toyota of wrongdoing. I don't even like Toyota but this whole thing is an absurd witch hunt designed to make lawyers rich and reassure worthless irresponsible people that nothing is ever their fault.

I agree, it is a witch hunt. I think the Toyota quality went down hill when they started making the cars here in the states. If I were Toyota, I'd close all the US plants and bring manufacturing back home. That'll show us Americans. lol

that looks like a center airbag computer...

I don't like any new toyota models or products, but, these all a stupidity and users error I believe to, because any intelligent person would at least figure out how to slow the F!!!!! down, even if the throtle or gas pedal gets stuck, at least apply the damn brakes to slow you down and not kill you.
    besides who hasn't experience something stuck between the gas pedal, I have, damn aftermarket carpets, or cheapo wall-marts specials and even the current one in my evo, just gotta re-act smartly, and use your brain during emergencies. Even with the damn hook to hold the carpet in my Evo is all lose, my carpet moves around, oh well, I have never experienced any gas pedal stuck..... F the scammers.
    3300 LBS. of stock sexyness
    Proud sponsor of :

the problem with people is, they lack a little thing we call common sense....

what ever happened to people being held accountable for their own actions? everyone is so quick to point a finger and say its the other guys fault... old man, you fucked up and killed your wife. accept it