Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M4 Tune's EVO VIII/IX

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST View Post
    I don't think I have ever met the guy, but having someone teach you about tuning and then stabbing them in the back is a bitch made ass move. If you learned how to tune on your own completely using your own car without using someone else's foundation, then good for you. Otherwise this whole thing is shady, but then again what else can we expect.
    +1

Jay tell me it isn't so man!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST View Post
    Wait, so let's get this in the clear. You had bryan previously do a tune for your personal car and then he shared his knowledge with you because he thought you were generally interested in tuning YOUR OWN car. Then you turn around and try and sell his work/knowledge to other people. Honestly, I am wondering. Because on the other forum you had stated you weren't making any money off your "tunes" and now that's obviously not true.

Ok, lets make it clear. Yes Bryan used to tune my car, and i was happy with his Service no question about it. But i never ask him anything about Tuning nor he showed me on how tuning works. the only time that i sat in my car with him was when i went to see him @ his place in Alameda cause i wanna make sure if it was really my clutch that makes my rpm jump when i boost the car. Thankfully Bryan allow me to bug him @ his place and drive with me, he logged my car and he confirmed that it was my clutch that was slipping at the time. Last time he tuned my car was after i replace the clutch after the GST Dyno Day in 2007, he wasnt able to finish it up cause of the heat at the dyno room. Then after that he gotten busy, and i back then always take a drive to Seattle every other weekend to visit my parents, so all i can do is to pm him to ask if the car was safe to be driven, and he says yes.. but knowing that the car wasnt fully tuned, and i cant get on his Schedule, i went to Ditos Motors for tuning. it was tuned 4 times by this shop on 91/100octane, i was forced to buy a tactrix cable so i can switch maps for both fuel. Plus paying them $190/hr for tuning is killing me

So by that time his Maps were no longer on my car, i started tuning my car using what Ditos Motors left on my ECU. I learned what i know now from EvoM and no one else.....
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by dl_EVO View Post
    I was wondering how M4 had a dyno in that "showroom"/"garage" of theirs. LOL

VDR? No offense Jay because I like you man. You helped me with my ride and I think your genuinely a nice fellow.

But, that is ghetto. I mean that in the nicest way possible, bro. That is seriously ghetto.
    M4 dont have a Dyno.
    2003 Evolution VIII

Jay, I'm saying VDR is ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by dl_EVO View Post
    Jay, I'm saying VDR is ghetto.

LOL, i know but people cannot afford a dyno rental fee (that includes me)
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by jay206 View Post
    LOL, i know but people cannot afford a dyno rental fee (that includes me)
    so much for living up to the "No Budget Tuning" name you go there

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpeed View Post
    Er, excuse me, there are tons of Evos out there that make that sort of power. It's interesting you would believe that you some how have a brilliant car after those mods and a tune. I made 295hp/280tq WITHOUT Cams, Injectors or CAI. And i'm confused here. How did you get the actual numbers? I ask because even between dynos there are a lot of differences and they all read differently. In fact if i'd gone to a Dynojet i'm pretty sure my numbers would be inflated by another 2%-5%.

I don't know Jay (haven't met him) and neither will I go out of my way to yet. I go to nearly all of the Bay Area Evo meets each week and frankly barely hear anything good (not to say there isn't). I've done this for nearly the last 2 years, so I figure I'm atleast in the Know. You may now choose to counter that my experience is but hear say from local no-bodies who know nothing about their cars. However I don't believe I've met you and atleast can claim that I use my Evo in motorsports activities (where our tunes matter the most). I've run with most of the major HPDE organizers (10 events in the last six months), know most of the Evo owners that go, and partake in Auto-X heavily enough to know all of our local SCCA/UFO champions personally. So please. Atleast speak from a cultured (and hopefully, educated) standpoint when claiming numbers and adoration for your tuner.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to add. After I got my cams in I'm making 326bhp/305tq
    we have met before couple of times @DC/SF Meet in Tanforan. but when by Buddy MRBrian sold his IX i became in-active on attending Meets......
    2003 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by TougeGod7 View Post
    so much for living up to the "No Budget Tuning" name you go there
    True!
    2003 Evolution VIII

if someone cant afford a dyno tuning session, then how are they going to afford a new motor when they break something? oh, i get it...buy expensive parts, skimp on the tune and save for the new motor. fail.
    '05mR 335whp 320wtq FFtec Tuned BBS GSt Intake HKS 272 MBC Mobil1 Nisei RC 750 RRE Samco Snow Walbro Works'08X 276whp 264wtq Hallman Mobil1 Nisei Works '06sE 378whp 382wtq ACT ARP BBS Clifford Defi E-85 Ets Fic FFtec GReddy H&R Kelford Kenwood Mobil1 OMG Perrin RRE Titek Walbro

again Dyno and the VDR are just "tool" that doesnt mean that you cant tune a car properly without them.
    2003 Evolution VIII