Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: improve handling?

tires...i got 235/45 r17 94w Eagle Gt's (these are all season tires) so thats why i said im not expecting much of them....
    i am planning on getting some 245/40 r18 (or i was suggested 255/40 r18) Yokohamas not sure what model yet...s-drives look promising but i want something more. (oh i got a set of SSR's rims these will go on.)

oh and Sammy- I was just looking to stiffen up my car over all...i havent tracked it yet so i dont know 100% how it handles under balls out turning... I have taken it up in mountains and stuff and it just felt a little soft on the turns...like it swayed from one side to the other to much and didnt stay level. (you know what i mean) (like tilted to much...) i mean it wasn't bad it was still a blast and it still managed to have more in it then i have the gutts but still...just want it to be ready to go when i track it...
    I mean i was following my buddy in a mini with coil-overs, struts front and back...and a half role cage in the back, yokohama s-drive tires and SSR rims) and he was fine while i was a bit scared...like i knew the car could do it but i didnt feel comfortable.
    I guess in the end what i want is to just feel more comfortable around a corner.
    Last edited by 03Silver; 05-05-2010 at 03:57 PM.

You should probably look at better tires before you do chassis/suspension mods. No point in having all that stiffness if you don't have grip.

well i had some yokohama advans when i bought the car so i know how it feels when it had good tires. all the stuff i said was with the old yokohama tires. thats why i said ignoring the tire factor because thats already on the list and stuff.

From what you are describing the car has body roll. Now here is something you should consider if your car did not have body roll you will actually have less of a grip. So reduce body roll only enough that you dont lose anymore grip. Body roll is most commonly controlled in our cars with higher spring rates, not that it is the ideal way to do it. You should get ARB's that match front and rear before you do anything esle along with a rear strut tower bar and a subframe brace. After that you will need tires as I am sure that will losen her up signficantly.
    METHOD 4 MOTOR SPORTS
    415-882-1626

i got 5kg springs in the front and 6kg springs in that back...what does that mean though? how stiff is that? what should i get then?
    and yeah im going to get the rs trunk bar and the cusco rear strut bar with a v brace...(cusco type os strut bar and cusco rear v-brace type os-t). because yeah i just want to make the car a bit stiffer but improve handling and grip not worsen it.
    Last edited by 03Silver; 05-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.

For now with the tires you have you can just try a slightly higher spring rate. 5k is soft , you can go 7k front 8k rear, try that. If you can tell me the spring diameter i can tell you where to get them.
    METHOD 4 MOTOR SPORTS
    415-882-1626

haha if u can tell me how to find out the srping diameter i can tell you it lol

where can you buy stiff springs? i can only find lowering springs....and they're for a buddy club suspension if that matters...

oh and the stock front strut bar...is that work upgrading? anyone know its specs?
    Last edited by 03Silver; 05-10-2010 at 01:37 PM.

ok i will find out what size they are and then i can refer you to someone who has them.
    METHOD 4 MOTOR SPORTS
    415-882-1626

thanks
    what abt the front strut bar...do i need to upgrade that one to a cusco too?