Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMI Saturday Night anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by spooolin4g63 View Post
    gates open at 2, so mostlikely at 4pm
    2003 Evolution VIII

I believe thats NORTH vs SOUTH? Some of my friendS are goin. (w/honda's) i want to but tranny grinds at 2nd and 4th. FML
    03 LY GSR
    390whp/337wtq
    on E85
    stock turbo.

I may bring out my Evo to mess w/ the Honda boys but they have been bitching about speeds in excess of 135mph at these events ( i can understand but it makes for boring racing by letting off in 4th to trap 135...............boo)

The prize money though is often worth the trip..........how quick are the Honda's you're talking about?

By the way i posted about yor trans in your other thread

LMK if you need some work done on it we're local!

Quote Originally Posted by PAT@FFTEC View Post
    I may bring out my Evo to mess w/ the Honda boys but they have been bitching about speeds in excess of 135mph at these events ( i can understand but it makes for boring racing by letting off in 4th to trap 135...............boo)

The prize money though is often worth the trip..........how quick are the Honda's you're talking about?

pat
    honestly, chad barber will start bitching about it! i was there last event when my buddy won and he was bitching about, where is your license, jacket, gloves, proper cage yadayadayada..!
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC

cool thanks!
    03 LY GSR
    390whp/337wtq
    on E85
    stock turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by spooolin4g63 View Post
    pat
    honestly, chad barber will start bitching about it! i was there last event when my buddy won and he was bitching about, where is your license, jacket, gloves, proper cage yadayadayada..!
    Who's your buddy?

Dave W our tech at the shop technically took 1st place in T4 CMI's last event but was bumped to 2nd due to the above statement.

I can understand it though as they have put the time, effort, and money to ge their cars up to NHRA spec but it seems like they enforce different rules at each of the CMi events???

I'm not bitching as rules are rules but it does make it tough for those of us that don't have dedicated "race" cars that can run sub 10.00 and faster than 135mph.

Bummer as i was also interested in his event coming up in Aug but i guess i won't be making it to many of the events this year until i either sell my Evo and build a drag only car or turn my street/strip car into a full blown race car (which i'm not too keen on still........been on the fence for a while and can't make the jump lol)
    Last edited by PAT@FFTEC; 05-14-2010 at 12:54 PM.

Pat make the jump and turn it into a full blown race car im waiting to see some mid to low 9s from someone in cali.

So move it haha.

Jon
    TBE no cat, ecu controlled boost controler, LICP,ETS Upper pipe, open air filter, Cossie M2`s, Fuel Pump, RC 1200s, ported exhaust mani, ported intake mani, Boomba TB, Megan 02 housing, head studs, crushed evo 9 BOV, BBK FULL ported By Stevo8, FFTEC tuned at 25 Pounds of boost putting down 360,319 on 91 octane

New numbers to come:E-85

Who's your buddy?

Dave W our tech at the shop technically took 1st place in T4 CMI's last event but was bumped to 2nd due to the above statement.

I can understand it though as they have put the time, effort, and money to ge their cars up to NHRA spec but it seems like they enforce different rules at each of the CMi events???

I'm not bitching as rules are rules but it does make it tough for those of us that don't have dedicated "race" cars that can run sub 10.00 and faster than 135mph.

Bummer as i was also interested in his event coming up in Aug but i guess i won't be making it to many of the events this year until i either sell my Evo and build a drag only car or turn my street/strip car into a full blown race car (which i'm not too keen on still........been on the fence for a while and can't make the jump lol)
    Yeah i was talking to dave right before we both ran! I didn't know that he worked with you guys.....

My buddy was in the SP class. (i think i forgot to mention that above haha)

Pat i say you bring her out and see what happens! You won last time...
    06 EVO IX SSL
    Few Bolt On's

Tuned by FFTEC