Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rotors/pads

maperformance.com for the RotorPros... If you want Ferodo pads either order them from maperformance or go pick them up at Speed Element.

ok again thanks for the info guys...now the hard part...installation? is it something I can do myself? difficulty level? is there a write up on EvoM? ive been looking not really successful though

There are a couple writeups on EvoM. It's really simple, you should be able to do yourself. I've gotten to the point now where I can change the pads on all four corners in like 20 minutes... The rotors don't add much time. I think you'll be able to do it all in a couple hours, since it's your first time.

tirerack.com has the centric blanks and hawk pads

yeah i found this....
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how...rake-dust.html
    and I was looking at the Evo manual but im still looking for something more...

ya, first time can be a head scratcher... but once you get the routine of compressing the pistons, its a breeze. doing rotors is only an additional couple minutes on top of doing just pads(2 19mm bolts for the front and 2 17mm for rear calipers). floating rotors FTW

aight guys the breaks and pads were installed and everything is working well....i drove 2 days more normal to let the pads/rotors settle in a bit. (yellow stuff pads powerslot slotted rotors) tonight though i decided to see what they actually had in them. I did 2 hard brakes, and on the third one when I got to the light...i noticed my brakes smelling bad and steam coming out. Is that normal? cause the weird thing was the pedal felt a bit soft for like a couple mins...then it seemed fine. i then gave it a break (2 hours) and then drove it again...I did one big all out stop and my brakes were fine...
    am I pushing these pads and rotors to hard? from the research I did though guys use this on the track and autox and are very pleased.

they may have some surface coating on them that needs to be cooked off. ive seen a lil smoke rise from a new set of pads. just make sure you bed them well, and you should be fine.

Since they're race pads you actually have to bed them in and the Yellowstuffs have a pretty intense process. If you hadn't done that, your hard breaking was essentially starting to bed them, so that's probably what you were smelling, the "bed-in coating" burning off.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageEvo8 View Post
    for a good street pad with bite on the backroads, id recommend the Hawk HP+ race pad. its just an aggressive street pad really.

as for rotors, run Centric Premium Blanks. cheap, wont warp, track worthy
    I am going to give this setup a try.
    05 Evo RS
    94 Supra TT 6 sp
    91 MR2 turbo stroker