Thread: FFTEC is going racing tomorrow....................you know you wana come along!

Default FFTEC is going racing tomorrow....................you know you wana come along!

Hey all,

For those that are interested in drag racing you all probably are well aware of the Buschur Shootout taking place this Sat/Sun in Ohio.

Well for us over here half a continent away that don't have the budget to make the long trip over like the English Racing boyz soooooooo we have decided to have some fun regardless tomorrow at Sacramento Raceway for TNT night.

Myself and a few of our other friends/customers will be heading out to see what our cars can do.

I know it's very short notice but if any of you would like to join us and caravan we will be leaving from the shop promptly at 12:30-1:00pm (any later and we get killed in Friday afternoon Bay Area traffic) especially when trailering cars.

If not feel free to meet us up there and do stop by the pit area and say hello

I think i may be able to run another 9 sec pass even with the added weight as we found some much needed HP.

I wonder what 640HP / 490TQ will equate to?

Just a few vids from the track last Friday night.

I have more but need to upload them so for now here ya go.

Pat's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DfXlNnOMFg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcVGHG8A-n4

Dave's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZIXF89Ahy0

foot3eh's (Sorry Ferry hope you don't mind me posting this up you did great for your first time ever on the drag strip!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0NTEPFXSQ

Ok i got a free min and my head doesn't hurt as much right now

So about my car i was really just hoping to get the tune dialed back in to what it was back in Dec when it was still on the AEM and Sean's tune kicked ass right off the trailer when we reviewed the logs only needing minor changes to the 2 step rpm.

However a big hiccup was the fact that we couldn't figure out why the NLTS wasn't working properly and so i was forced to do things the old-skool way and needless to say i was a bit rusty behind the wheel since it's been a while since i've been back in the seat and as you can tell from the vids i missed 2nd gear more than once

Normally in that situation i'd just let out and coast back to the pits but since we made the trip up already i figured i'd get some more info for Sean to take a look at so even w/ the mis-shifts i decided to lift shift the other gears to at least see if the HP is still where it should be based on the trap speeds.

I didn't post up all the vids and i made a total of 3 passes and they were all in the 140+ mph range w/ the best being 143.063 mph even with missing 2nd. The best ET i could muster with the mis-shift was a 10.3x.

So incrementally comparing the 9.90 run from last Dec and the run that went 10.501 @ 143.063 (1.556 60ft) it seems that it was on pace to run another 9.9x and 145+ mph.

Overall it was a bit hectic as we left late, got stuck in traffic, and then had issues causing us to eat up a lot of the testing time and as a matter of fact in the rush to make sure the tune was on point and us trying to figure out the NLTS i didn't even get a chance to make a pass w/ the higher HP/TQ tune that put down the 640/490 just a day before

So i will be back out soon once we get the NLTS set-up properly!

As a side note i must say that although i didn't get a chance to weigh the Evo it doesn't seem to be affected by the add'l weight of the cage.

Also the 26" MT slicks felt great leaving the line and i didn't even have a chance to play with tire pressures i just set them high enough to keep them stable up top at 150mph and it's a good thing i did because they get pretty squirrley when you bang gears. I have a good feeling that with proper tire pressures and a little burnout that a 1.4x isn't out of the ? by any means.

I need to pick up the other slip from the shop after work and then i will post them up for you guys

Got another video to enjoy............another 10 sec Evo that is sure to run a 9 this summer after we get the launched dialed in.

The poor Hoosier DR's didn't have fun trying to hook all the power it would either spin hard and the hop in the top of 1st or it required too much slipping of the clutch which killed the 60 fts.

Some proper adjustments to the c/o's and some more seat time and i see a 9.90 with the soft tune in it as Sean has gone through hell and back with this car so he's going to slowly work into the power but regardless more power will only make it harder to leave w/ enough rpm off the line w/o blowing the tires off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFNkTChc7o