Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension discussion

Default Suspension discussion

Hey guys...So as you know im trying to get rid of my current buddy clubs and go for something better and a lot more track worthy. I started this thread to see what your guys expriences are and what you guys would recomend. I want them to be adjustable on the top and to focus on handling. (not drag)

Another option I was considering until I have the 2-3g's was to buy some springs for the stock suspension and put some sway's and some strut cars. I do want it considerably lower though...and most ive seen is only like 1.5 inches

have you track it yet?
    2003 Evolution VIII

Tein ha coilovers if you can find some . I hear mr shocks with springs are good. It depends on your driving track and daily. Everything is different to everyone. I got lucky and got the tein ha's which aren't in production. Gl with your search
    WWW.BLUR-LIFE.COM
    Do-Luck body kit, seibon carbonfiber hood & trunk, apr gtc200 wing, blacked out headlights/taillights,18x9 gold advan rg2s, blue brembos brakes, forced fed fmic, 264/272 buddyclub cams, tanabe downpipe, hks hiper catback, helix tp, k&n typhoon intake, samco ic hoses, gfb bov, defi boost gauge, defi hud, cusco 6pt rollcage, tein ha coilovers, progress rear sway bar,cusco under front brace, panasonic double din indash ac relocated, 255 walbro

KW V3's

/thread
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports
    304whp/292wtq @ 23psi on 91 oct
    376whp/357wtq @ 27psi on E85

Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing

Autox Vids: Click here
    2008 SCCA Slush Series BSP Champion
    2008 UFO SM Champion
    2008 GGLC Open Class Champion

Yeah Jay I have tracked it. And ok what about only springs? leave the stock suspension in there but only change the springs. you guys know a good place where I can find springs?

for just a spring i dont think youll find better than the swift spec-r. i love mine mounted to the MR bilsteins. for a coilover though, i think a KW V3 either Robispec'd or Muellerized, with a spring rate that suits your needs would be a great, fair priced, rebuildable setup.

i had bilsteins with the tien s techs they handled great and just recently i got the apexi N1 coilovers and those are awesome for what i got them for handle great on the street and soon to find out what they will do at the track.
    -Mike
    2006 Evolution IX MR - 433/400 E85
    1987 Mazda RX-7 LS1 T56
    2005 SRT-4

I hate to rejuvinate a thread from the dead but what did you end up deciding to do about your suspension set up?
    If you have any questions about parts and services, email me. [email protected]
    FFTEC Motorsports
    31911 Hayman Street,
    Hayward, CA, 94544
    510-475-5855

I decided to save up for some AST coilovers and then put some whiteline sway bars

How much did those run you? I've been researching those coilovers a bit myself.
    If you have any questions about parts and services, email me. [email protected]
    FFTEC Motorsports
    31911 Hayman Street,
    Hayward, CA, 94544
    510-475-5855