Thread: Are aftermarket exhaust going out of style?

Default Are aftermarket exhaust going out of style?

The reason I ask this is because lately as I been driving around the bay area on, company time, I have seen a lot of nice imports with body kits, rims etc. But the thing I notice on most of these vehicles is that 90% of the cars I've seen have their stock exhaust on it. In fact I have even seen some cars in magazines with nice set ups but when they take a picture of the rear of the car, it still have the stock exhaust. I've even talked to a few guys and they said they didn't want to get hassled by the cops anymore. Has anyone else noticed this? To me it seems like without a nice exhaust, it doesn't compliment the whole set up.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

A lot of imports have been going to the qtp exhaust and keeping the stock system , they get the super stealth they want and the performance when they want it
    WWW.BLUR-LIFE.COM
    Do-Luck body kit, seibon carbonfiber hood & trunk, apr gtc200 wing, blacked out headlights/taillights,18x9 gold advan rg2s, blue brembos brakes, forced fed fmic, 264/272 buddyclub cams, tanabe downpipe, hks hiper catback, helix tp, k&n typhoon intake, samco ic hoses, gfb bov, defi boost gauge, defi hud, cusco 6pt rollcage, tein ha coilovers, progress rear sway bar,cusco under front brace, panasonic double din indash ac relocated, 255 walbro

Quote Originally Posted by blurevo8 View Post
    they get the super stealth they want and the performance when they want it
    How do they get performance from a stock exhaust?
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    How do they get performance from a stock exhaust?
    By by-passing it w/ a cut-out or something similar

Or get something that looks stock, I have the buschur exhaust. Looks stock but sure doesnt sound stock lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT@FFTEC View Post
    By by-passing it w/ a cut-out or something similar
    I've done that myself but I'm talking about those cars that are like 80% good enough for show but still having the stock, and I mean stock muffler. Like I said, it just doesn't flow with the car when it comes to appearance.

Oddly enough I don't really notice this even with a 60 mile per day commute to work.

i have noticed for a while that people are going more for the stock look... i personally was/am/have been running greddy ti cbe with dc sports downpipe. looks and sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmego4 View Post
    i have noticed for a while that people are going more for the stock look... i personally was/am/have been running greddy ti cbe with dc sports downpipe. looks and sounds great.
    I guess the whole JDM angled fartcan is getting played out. I used to see it on so many Honda's and a few times I saw it on random cars like Neons and Saturns. Weirdest was a Toyota pickup with one of those mufflers. I'd go do one of those stock looking type exhausts on my Evo but I'm too lazy to pull off my JDM angle Megan catback and not to mention too cheap too go out and buy a new one haha.

baaahaha yea. im not even on jdm rear so its not super obvious besides the huge black inside... luckily from the side of the car you cant hardly see it at all...