Thread: what the F did I do to my car? :(

Default what the F did I do to my car? :(

Ok so I was coming back from san jose, well at least I got to have som really good time and fun on a off ramp before it all went shitty. anyhow I was driving my car pretty normal coming bak from downtown san jose, when I got to a local bar in santa Clara I noticed my temp gauge needle was topped out, and all I saw was smoke coming from under my car and from my hood, I shut off the car inmidiately, and let is cool down, I was able to determine a hizzzing sound as some boiled water was coming out of somwhere, I ended up spotting a small hole on a small freaking house I believe connected to my fuel rail or some sort of cooling metal tube around that vecinity, it was quite dark I was unable to determine of there might have been another spot in which my poor car, might have been leaking. I'm afraid that running my car to this conditions might have damaged something else or even blown a head gasket which I'm hoping is not at all, I'm gonna tow my car tomorrow and hopefully see what horrific crap happened. any input what have might cost my car to overheat to that point? I'm surprise I was not paying attention to my temperature, which I always watch, maybe I was having too much fun driving my car, that I neglected to see this gauge and prevent me from doing any further damage. And great this all had to happened a week before a Vegas trip, and me getting another motorcycle, F my life now.
    3300 LBS. of stock sexyness
    Proud sponsor of :

Thanks guys for the inputs so far, I checked last night (kinda dark) it was not one of the ones in the Throtle body. however it was one from around the a cooling line by the fuel rail. Here is a picture I found online and I used Paint to describe it the freaking hose.
    Proud sponsor of :

The one circled is the fuel return line it shouldn't have anything to do with th eoverheating issue.

However there are coolant lines and the thermostat housing underneath that area though so maybe it's coming from under there.

Do you have a way to pressurize the system to search for leaks?

If not we can diagnose it for ya if you want to have it brought down to the shop.............

Best of luck finding it and so long as you didn't run it for too long things should be ok but if it were my car i'd do the normal stuff like a comp test to check the HG for integrity at the very least once the leak is found and fixed!

/\/\ yuup fuel line

you can see the dried up spots of coolant all over the fire wall try and "back track" its path as the wind from driving blew it all over the wall it appears it might have been coming from a throttle body line or heater core hose..

Maybe freeze plug? slowly getting looses and ready to come off?...I had that sign before coolant all over the firewall... I didn't really think nothing of it until i started driving it... then smoke started coming out and my freeze plug came off...But my car is ok now..happened 2yrs ago...good luck to you.
    Last edited by joeevo; 10-05-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: nothing

So did you get a chance to check it out in good light?

from what i heard, he already fixed it. and it was one of the coolant lines that goes to the throttle body that blew out....

he must be busy getting ready for Vegas next week, and cant update this thread... LOL
    2003 Evolution VIII

Good to hear hope he got all that sticky-icky coolant cleaned up!

Thank you everyone for all your help and input, I am sorry I have not been able to update this thread. Everything is good I was lucky I didnt mess any more things up. The coolant mess it is still there LOL, oh well, I am afraid to spray it off and short any other wires or circuits. It was indeed one of the Throtle body coolant hoses, in fact the metal end of the throtle body was abit, well not corroted but it appeared kinda shitty with a bit of either water crap build up. all I care is that I didn't blow up my head gasket.
    thank you everyone.
    Proud sponsor of :

Yeah! As I understand, he already fixed it. That's good new though.