Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom exhaust ?

Default Custom exhaust ?

I tried to search but couldn't really find what I am looking for. I am looking to an exhaust made, looking for something similar to the RRE stealth. Anyone have any recommendations of a shop in San Jose that does madrel bent exhaust piping? The one shop I have experience with (Kwik Way) does great work but it is not mandrel bent. Plus if anyone has any pictures of theirs that would be cool to see also...TIA

heres mine, it not the best looking thing, but it works!

2003 Evolution VIII

^ Do you have a resonator in there? Magnaflow muffler at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    ^ Do you have a resonator in there? Magnaflow muffler at the end?
    no resonator, and yes thats a Magnaflow Muffler.
    2003 Evolution VIII

Gunna be hard to find a place that does mandrel bent custom exhausts for a good price.

And if you're going to go to that amount of work you might as well bring it down to a place that will do the job right w/ quality welding and materials.

We have done numerous custom exhausts for people with all sort of tastes as far as sound/loudness goes.

If you are interested please pm me or get a hold of one of the guys at shop and we can discuss getting you the right set-up if that's what you choose to do.

By the way what's the need for it to be "custom"???

Well it depends on your budget. I noticed that by getting a shop to do a custom exhaust, yes you do save a little money but if you buy one already made, the savings is not that big of a difference. If you really want to go stealth, look at this:

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-2292-r...2003-2006.aspx.

In fact there was one instance that I was parked in a shopping mall and a cop was there looking at my '03 Evo, he was cool though, was wondering if I was going to change my exhaust and I told him I already did. This RS*R exhaust might be hard to get if you have an '03 because of the year of the car. I bought mine back in '04 and I had a hard time getting one.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

There is no real need for it to be custom, some friends of mine (not evo owners, mustang owners) have gone to muffler shops to have an exhaust made for them versus buying an exhaust and it has been less than what I would pay for an off the shelf exhaust ex: hks carbon ti, greddy ti-c, ect. but it wasn't madrel bent(about $300). Noise I am not too concerned with as I have had both of the exhausts I mentioned. I have been on stock exhaust for some time and was looking to just have something made like what RREVOVIII posted as I figured it would be less expensive than buying another cat back exhaust, maybe I am wrong for the work involved in making a mandrel bent custom set up.

Quote Originally Posted by YESH View Post
    There is no real need for it to be custom, some friends of mine (not evo owners, mustang owners) have gone to muffler shops to have an exhaust made for them versus buying an exhaust and it has been less than what I would pay for an off the shelf exhaust ex: hks carbon ti, greddy ti-c, ect. but it wasn't madrel bent(about $300). Noise I am not too concerned with as I have had both of the exhausts I mentioned. I have been on stock exhaust for some time and was looking to just have something made like what RREVOVIII posted as I figured it would be less expensive than buying another cat back exhaust, maybe I am wrong for the work involved in making a mandrel bent custom set up.
    I do understand where you are coming from but in all honesty it's quite easier and will be better off in the long run for you to just pick up someones used CB for ($200-400)

Direct fit-ment and the chance to sell it again if ever you decide to change as it's often harder to sell "custom" stuff like exhausts etc.

Thanks Pat...I will continue to keep an eye out in the classifieds for a used CB

Quote Originally Posted by YESH View Post
    Thanks Pat...I will continue to keep an eye out in the classifieds for a used CB
    No worries man!

Here ya go:
    http://evoempire.org/index.php?/topi...-fs-tp-and-cb/

The money you save can go to other mods........just let us know if we can be of service!