Thread: Aftermarket oil filters

Default Aftermarket oil filters

I remember awhile back there was a discussion about oil filter. I did a search and nothing came up. Anyway, what aftermarket oil filter do some of you guys use. I have been looking around and researching and found that a lot aftermarket oil filters are a little taller/longer that the stock ones, which concerns me. Their catalog says which filter is for the Evo but when I look at the filter, it looks taller/longer and afraid that it will hit something on the road since my car is lowered. I now that some people have their preferences. I ran into a site that shows how certain oil filters are constructed. Here is the link:

http://www.rubiconownersforum.com/ph...p?f=38&t=58887
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

i use k&n oil filter, never had a problem with it, also easy to remove because it has a wrench point on the bottom of the canister. try it.

i use factory mitsubishi ones still, havent found a reason to use anything else.

I use K&N and oem filters.

Been using OEM since I got the car. I'm going to switch to Purolator since the parts store is closer to my house then the dealerhip.

We use the OEM for everything here.
    If you have any questions about parts and services, email me. [email protected]
    FFTEC Motorsports
    31911 Hayman Street,
    Hayward, CA, 94544
    510-475-5855

Even OEM blinker fluid?