Thread: I need custom carbon fiber parts made.

Default I need custom carbon fiber parts made.

So, just like the title says, I'm looking for someone that can make some carbon fiber parts for me. The first two would be a pair of fenders for a custom motorcycle. If all goes well with those then I've got a few other chopper part ideas, as well as a few parts I'd like to have made for my current car a, Pontiac G8.
    Does anybody know of a shop or someone that could do something like this for a reasonable price? The only place local that I could find, wanted a couple grand per fender because they make some kind of specialized moulds or something for each part. Im not super low budget but four grand for two fenders just isn't justifiable.
    Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Damanc; 12-20-2011 at 07:00 AM.

I can do those items but those prices are not unreasonable for a properly made carbon part. If you plan to make more than 1 set then molds are worth the time/money.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I thought the thread had gone unanswered because I wasnt getting emails regarding it.

How much would it cost for you to make a set of these fenders? I totaly agree that if I were going to make multiple copies of these fenders, having moulds made would be ideal and well worth the cost. But at the moment, as far as I know, I am the only guy with a Harley style chopper interested in carbon fiber fenders and other parts. As for the G8 parts I might have to look into the interest in CF parts, there could be an opportunity there.

Do you have any pictures of the fenders? Would help determine the core material since it could be vacuum bagged instead of making a mold. The finish wont be as nice as a mold but it would be decent.

You can email me at [email protected] for easier communication. Not on here much.