Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: launching

Default Re: launching

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSilverMR
    i was just wondering on how people launch their cars, and whats the best way to launch.
    1. get an ACT clutch or equiv.

2. remove the the clutch fluid restriction unit and replace with an ss line

3. drive car. stop at line.

4. hold rpms at what you want to launch at/clutch engaged/first gear (typically 4.5-5K/5-7K depending on meats for a 4 wheel burn out)

5. release clutch in one quick move while rationally applying throttle (rational with clutch going up/i dont know i'm tired/DO IT VERY VERY FAST)

6. dont forget to shift into second.

7. works every time.

Default launching

I launch my Evo at 900 RPM. Works great for me. I'm on the stock clutch after 22k+ miles.

hehe.. sorry, it's early and my son woke me up.

Default launching

The clutch is the "fuse" between the engine and driveline. My P2R sets the secondary rev limit to 5.5k, so I just ride the limiter and slip the clutch to get the car moving. The stock clutch is kinda wimpy though as it doesn't bite very hard.

I have about 35 launches on my stock clutch so far. All w/ the clutch restrictor out. And my clutch feels fine.. not even close to worn. If you want your clutch to last, yank that restrictor out and train your left foot to do the modulation.

Default launching

what's the clutch 'restrictor'? is this a nubbin in the stock clutch line? I haven't heard of it before.

and isn't the Exedy twin disk clutch nearly indestructable?

thanks

Default launching

Quote Originally Posted by AV8NDOC
    what's the clutch 'restrictor'? is this a nubbin in the stock clutch line? I haven't heard of it before.

and isn't the Exedy twin disk clutch nearly indestructable?

thanks
    the clutch can be indestructible but your drivetain isn't.

:lol:

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

well i happen to have a stage 2 shep racing tc and an act stage 2 clutch..i just peg it to about 6800 and slightly dump the cluth..and vualla..4 wheel burn out and perfect launch.
    &quot;PUREVOL&quot;<br />Turbo XS intake, Halleman MBC, Helix 3&quot; DP, Perrin 3&quot; CAT DELETE, HKS Cat back exhaust and Clutch #4

how much was that stage 2 shep racing transfer case?....

"what's the clutch 'restrictor'? is this a nubbin in the stock clutch line? I haven't heard of it before."
    +1 can anyone explain what the restrictor is?
    Sponsored by: GST Motorsports
    304whp/292wtq @ 23psi on 91 oct
    376whp/357wtq @ 27psi on E85

Supporter of: Roger Kraus Racing

Autox Vids: Click here
    2008 SCCA Slush Series BSP Champion
    2008 UFO SM Champion
    2008 GGLC Open Class Champion

Quote Originally Posted by joshesh
    "what's the clutch 'restrictor'? is this a nubbin in the stock clutch line? I haven't heard of it before."
    +1 can anyone explain what the restrictor is?
    Search for this topic. It's been covered many times. You can search for posts by me here and on evom. It feels like I've written like 20 posts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviousone209
    well i happen to have a stage 2 shep racing tc and an act stage 2 clutch..i just peg it to about 6800 and slightly dump the cluth..and vualla..4 wheel burn out and perfect launch.
    Just because you've upgraded over stock doesn't mean your drivetrain is indestructible. There are more effective ways of launching other than a redline clutch drop. Watch videos of shep or the AMS drag cars and you'll see they don't just pop the clutch. If you keep launching using your technique, you're gonna break more expensive driveline parts.