Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: launching

Default launching

i was just wondering on how people launch their cars, and whats the best way to launch.
    05 MR

Default launching

I push this little button on my steering column, as i do that my jet propulsion pack comes out of my trunk and im gone :lol: :lol: works everytime man :lol: :lol: J/K man I actually have not launch my car yet , kinda hard to believe huh

Emperor

SpeedElement
    Gst
    OniSF
    DetailAddict

Default launching

Well from watchin Navid at the auto x at marina he reved the car pretty good, like to 6000-6500. Let it slip just to get the car moving, then let her rip. He was doing 4 wheel spin off the start. I've never had the balls to launch like that. But a clutch is prob. a write off for him.
    [quote author=vtluu link=topic=12691.msg169983#msg169983 date=1158340218]<br />No law can save idiot CA drivers from themselves though. The best you can do is try to make sure they don&#039;t take you out in the process of Darwinning themselves.<br />[/quote]

4. Default launching

Quote Originally Posted by EVO GRIM
    Well from watchin Navid at the auto x at marina he reved the car pretty good, like to 6000-6500. Let it slip just to get the car moving, then let her rip. He was doing 4 wheel spin off the start. I've never had the balls to launch like that. But a clutch is prob. a write off for him.
    a write off?? if you want to see some real launches, come to the prosolo next year
    www.xperformance.com

Default launching

i have an 05 MR with the rev limiter, anybody launch their 05s?
    05 MR

6. Default launching

There are 2 ways to approach the clutch problem. You can either prepare or repair. The first thing I installed on the car was an Exedy twin disk clutch. 4 Prosolos and numerous autox and track days and the clutch is as solid as the first day. That clutch is expensive (~$1300), but given the labor involved in changing the clutch, if it saves you one repair, it pays for itself.

On the '05 and up, there is a rev limiter at 5000 RPM when the clutch is depressed. You can reach under the dash and disconnect the clutch sensor wire and that problem is solved. You need different RPM's for launching depending on the surface conditions and the altitude. At Wendover Utah, I was launching the car at the rev limitter because of the altitude and high grip levels.

--Navid
    #80 Evo RS
    <br />www.xperformance.com

Default launching

I don't launch quite as hard as Navid does :shock:, but still launch pretty hard.

I launch between 4000-4500 and slip the clutch through first gear to keep the shock off the driveline. Both me and my co-driver did this all season on a ACT clutch with fyldenza [size=7px](butchered spelling)[/size] flywheel

The clutch is getting a little tempermental when cold, but ACT clutchs are known to do that.

I treat the clutch for what it is, a wear item. I would rather break the clutch than something more expensive in the driveline.
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1

8. Default launching

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw

I treat the clutch for what it is, a wear item. I would rather break the clutch than something more expensive in the driveline.
    Yeah, but it's a wear item you can not change on track as you would rotors, pads and tires.

--Navid
    #80 Evo RS
    <br />www.xperformance.com

vtluu Guest

Default launching

Quote Originally Posted by Navid
    Yeah, but it's a wear item you can not change on track as you would rotors, pads and tires.
    Depends how motivated and well-funded (and staffed) you are. I'm reminded of the Top Gear segment where they decided to see who would take less time, a group of women preparing for a night out or a team of Ford WRC mechanics changing most of the suspension and driveline components in the Ford Focus works rally car. :lol:

Default launching

Quote Originally Posted by Navid
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw

--Navid
    very true.. unless you have a WRC rally team to back you up.. :lol:
    Code:
    sub<br />b{[@b=(abs||No,bottle.”s”x!!++$_,of,beer),on,the,wall]}print<br />“@{+b},\n@b,\nTake one down, pass it around,\n@{+b}.\n”<br />for-pop||-99..-1