Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: snow and your Evo sticky?

Default snow and your Evo sticky?

Why not just continue to run a 17" wheel? Sounds like too much hassle to rig 16" in there.
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3" noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85

earlyapex Guest

Yea that seems like alot of work, why not just raise the car to fit the larger tires on 17's?

AMS just announced their willwood kit to fit as small as 15" wheels.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...hreadid=184456

Either way, since this is now a sticky about all-weather tires for evos, perhaps we should move this wheel discussion to another thread.

Email me photos and I can post them.

Low profile tires don't work as good in the snow. You need sidewall flex and soft suspension. Plus, I couldn't find any narrow 17's. I wanted a six inch width max. One drive in the car and you will see what I mean.

Definitely a pain. I wanted a car my wife could drive to work in no matter the weather. Any AWD or 4x with snows can get around. It's being able to swerve when the knucklehead doing 360's is headed straight for you.

Raising the car seems to be a much bigger pain. Know one makes a shock that the ride height can be raised above stock. Unless you want to go with 4-5k real rally stuff. All c/o that I've check into are shorter than stock lenght.

I'd like to keep both wheel/tire and suspension stuff related to snow driving on this post.

earlyapex Guest

Ok, here are his 16" wheels on his evo. :shock:

how close are those front calipers to the wheel? spoke and inside clearance?

wow talk about snug fit :shock:

That was the first fitment. Couldn't find my current front wheel pic. They have probably 4 or 5mm clearance now. I would have rather had 2mm and kept the rim in closer. Fixed caliper anyways. Not likely to get alot of sideload in the snow.

earlyapex Guest

So where are the mud flaps and spiked tires to complete the snow stage look? 8)

Why don't you bolt on the normal lancer brakes and wheels?
    05 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR - 3&quot; TBE with Cat. Stock boost control system. 260whp / 260 lb-ft torque<br />92 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD

earlyapex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by turbotiger
    Why don't you bolt on the normal lancer brakes and wheels?
    All different hubs and mounting points.