Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: snow and your Evo sticky?

Default snow and your Evo sticky?

There seems to always be alot of ? on this. Should we make this a sticky?
    I would suggest having info like this on it.

Difference between rim size/widths vs. performance.

How different tires actually perform. We all know the tirerack test this. In an ice rink. What about real world vs. driver ability? What tire for those who don't have experience in the snow that don't want to or can't afford extra rims with Blizzaks. I got around the first winter with my Evo on my Advans. Although I'm probably a better snow driver than most being that I live in Tahoe. :roll: M & S rated that will still work good in the summer.

Cables on the Advans? I'll volunteer my car for this if someone supplies the advans and cables. My fenders are already gettin trashed.

Suspension set-up. What about coil-overs with 12k springs? So stiff your car would probably slide on any ice.

I know there's alot of guys that come up here. What about some testing? I can find plenty of places that are safe to try different things without sliding of into a ditch. I have a heated garage, endless hot water to melt the snow before we work on stuff and any tools nec. Plus a F-350 4x to pull anyone out with.

I bought my Evo for driving in the winter. I'm getting a little carried away on making it work it's best in the snow. 16x5 rims with ws-50's. Got coil-overs on the way to raise the ride up to clear 26.1 tires. Going to try different spring rates without the sway-bars for more roll. Might even corner weigh and try different alignments. Corner weighing is probably a mute point since so much snow packs under your car.

earlyapex Guest

Default Re: snow and your Evo sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by tahoeacr
    There seems to always be alot of ? on this. Should we make this a sticky?

I bought my Evo for driving in the winter. I'm getting a little carried away on making it work it's best in the snow. 16x5 rims with ws-50's. Got coil-overs on the way to raise the ride up to clear 26.1 tires. Going to try different spring rates without the sway-bars for more roll. Might even corner weigh and try different alignments. Corner weighing is probably a mute point since so much snow packs under your car.
    I agree this should be made a sticky.

16x5 rims? They won't fit over your brembos.

Sure they do. All ready had them on the car for a couple of weeks till it got dry out. Took me two years to find someone who could make them/test fit. We are talking full boost thru first three gears total control.

earlyapex Guest

Sure they do. All ready had them on the car for a couple of weeks till it got dry out. Took me two years to find someone who could make them/test fit. We are talking full boost thru first three gears total control.
    what 16x5 wheels do you have that fit over the brembos? Have photos?

Quote Originally Posted by earlyapex
    what 16x5 wheels do you have that fit over the brembos? Have photos?
    +1

thats what im kinda wondering also :shock:

stickied.

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

suspension and handling dept :lol:

moved also

nebo
    EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.

Quote Originally Posted by nebolic
    moved also

nebo

I can e-mail someone pics if you can post them. www.imagewheels.co.uk. Bought them thru Anglo American Road Racing in Phoenix. I went to the SEMA and PRI shows with engineer diagrams of all important clearances of caliper/disc/shock/springs and passed them out to every wheel manufacture. Three could build them. Youngblood was $650 a rim but I've used there rims on an Indy light car and had nothing but blow-outs caused by pressure failure from rim flex. These rims were $1,850+- to the door. First try didn't clear without a 5.5mm spacer on the hub. I got out my trusty $19 Harbor Freight 4" grinder and went to town on em to make them clear. Sent them back for a re-fit. Know they fit but stick out a little to far for my liking. I need to put mud flaps on the car.

At the time I started this, know one was making a smaller brake kit. I talked to Wilwood and they didn't have the time. I saw the AMS car (I think) and didn't like the fit of eclipse brakes. Plus, I didn't feel like having to change calipers twice a year and bleed the brakes.