Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: heel toe downshifting

vtluu Guest

Default Re: heel toe downshifting

earlyapex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ek9_evo9

thanks for the clarifications guys.* i guess its time to learn, i just find it hard because of the technique, i guess my feet just arent used to going sideways to blip the throttle while braking.
    Its not so much your feet going sideways but your lower leg. Its tough at first but once you get it, it's second nature. I do it without even thinking about it on the street now, it just happens.

If are you are having a hard time visualizing it.. it's really not using your toes, its more the ball of your foot on the gas then the heel of your foot blipping the throttle.

That url that Tam posted above has a good article with illustrations: http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving..._heeltoe.shtml

lol i use the left side of my right foot to brake then blip the gas with the right side of my foot.i cant even imagine doing it the usual way

i still say the best way to learn how to heel-toe is to buy a crappy old vw bug.
    make sure it won't idle(this is important). once you finally get tired if it stalling at every light you'll
    start to learn how to brake and keep the motor reved at the same time

haha, i learned how to heel-toe before i even knew what it was.

hahah oh no!! vw=death

Quote Originally Posted by evo_dadi
    lol i use the left side of my right foot to brake then blip the gas with the right side of my foot.i cant even imagine doing it the usual way
    +1 *This is how i do it too. *
    &quot;Today&#039;s forecast is bright and sunny with an 80% chance that I&#039;m wrong.&quot;<br /><br />281whp/271tq @ EIP<br /><br />[move]<br />[blue]Hooters/Blackhawk Museum Pics[/blue]<br />[/move]

vtluu Guest

I used to do that until I started wearing racing shoes. That doesn't work so well with those. Also, on other cars the pedals are spaced further apart and you have to heel-toe the proper way.

lol dunno tam,my foot is 12w so it gets pretty tricky for me :lol:

Funny I do heal/toe in my 1 ton truck now.
    [quote author=vtluu link=topic=12691.msg169983#msg169983 date=1158340218]<br />No law can save idiot CA drivers from themselves though. The best you can do is try to make sure they don&#039;t take you out in the process of Darwinning themselves.<br />[/quote]

Same here.
    05 Evo 8 - 333 whp / 318wtq - Tanabe DP, TP, Modified 3&quot; noir cat back, GM boost solenoid, Walboro FP, RC 1000cc injectors, E-85