Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Service Bulletins and Recalls

Default Re: Service Bulletins and Recalls

thanks. putting this on my list of 15k service.

Carlo
    [quote author=cloud link=topic=11764.msg157213#msg157213 date=1155075350]<br />well i like it deep....lol <br />[/quote]<br /><br />i better hope thats a real girl....or <br />

2. Default Re: Service Bulletins and Recalls

Wow. Good info guys. Impressive.

Nice to see Evo guys helping each other out.

Any word on a recall for 06 5 speed trannys? My 5th gear crunch is getting bad...and i don't even use it often.
    GARAGED PERFORMANCE<br />2006 Lan Evo RS* <br />386whp@6100 on 100 octane (Goodbye OEM Clutch)<br />Coming Soon: Clutch, 3067R, Radiator, new tranny<br />&quot;When I&#039;s&quot; Don&#039;t Win Races

earlyapex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
    Any word on a recall for 06 5 speed trannys? My 5th gear crunch is getting bad...and i don't even use it often.
    Yea, stop drag racing.

good info. I passed it to socalevo too. Wasn;t aware of the coolant hose

i got the one for the 03 evo, but my 05 was not affected.

those affected would have received the TSB in the mail shortly after it was announced. if you didnt and would like peace of mind, visit any service department. when you give them your VIN, if your car is affected, it will come up in the superscreen.

if it doesnt, you are good to go.

just a word to those who are affected by the turbo coolant hose - the dealership will replace that hose under the TSB, but you WILL loose coolant when they remove the hose. it will spill and stink in the engine bay (i knew a couple who had it done). the coolant lost WILL NOT be replaced by the dealer, so if your car is affected, buy a jug of coolant before dropping your car off to have the coolant hose replaced. coolant is a consumable that is not covered under the TSB.
    visit my updated swimsuit model gallery<br /><br />designer of the evolution x badge

6. Default Re: Service Bulletins and Recalls

Quote Originally Posted by earlyapex

Yea, stop drag racing.
    hmmm....I have nothing sarcastic or quick to say to that. Damnit.

Seriously though, it started before I was done breaking the car in. Almost every 06 I've run into has had similar problems. I don't even hit 5th in the quarter and I wont race into it because of the crunch. I'm super anal. I sold my 240SX because it crunched a gear. Drove me nuts. not even worth fixing.
    GARAGED PERFORMANCE<br />2006 Lan Evo RS* <br />386whp@6100 on 100 octane (Goodbye OEM Clutch)<br />Coming Soon: Clutch, 3067R, Radiator, new tranny<br />&quot;When I&#039;s&quot; Don&#039;t Win Races

hey woody, i got my whole tranny replaced last week... they warrantied it, and while they had that off i asked them to throw in the new clutch

8. Default Re: Service Bulletins and Recalls

Quote Originally Posted by earlyapex

Yea, stop drag racing.
    It would appear I'm simply going to have to smile @ all the sarcasm on this board. I can I can stomach that. lol. You guys are a riot.

9. Default Re: Service Bulletins and Recalls

Quote Originally Posted by DRFTR8
    hey woody, i got my whole tranny replaced last week... they warrantied it, and while they had that off i asked them to throw in the new clutch
    which dealer? I'll head there as soon as I get my harness on my 180SX! Call me and lemme know bro! Oh I'll be at the shop all day today if you wanna roll through. Got a built Del Sol to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseModelEvo
    Quote Originally Posted by DRFTR8
    which dealer? I'll head there as soon as I get my harness on my 180SX! Call me and lemme know bro! Oh I'll be at the shop all day today if you wanna roll through. Got a built Del Sol to finish.
    you wont believe where i took it... VERACOM.. but the person who installed them is my dads good friend so he helped me out... yeah call me so we can talk