Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who double clutches here?

Default Re: Who double clutches here?

i double clutch but never in my evo. i do it in my friend civc. i've only done heal/toe in the evo. gotten pretty damn good at it too.

Quote Originally Posted by panem
    i double clutch but never in my evo. i do it in my friend civc. i've only done heal/toe in the evo. gotten pretty damn good at it too.
    lol when i try to heal-toe i end up slamming the brakes... i dont think i'm meant to do it

what method is that best way to learn heel/toe without slamming on the brakes.
    As for me, I'm a little afraid to do so, in my 1st manual car. By the way, that is the benifits of heel/toe when downshifting.

Practice in an empty parking lot? I practiced on my EG. Since the car has no power, it was no biggie if I gassed it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty
    As for me, I'm a little afraid to do so, in my 1st manual car. By the way, that is the benifits of heel/toe when downshifting.
    heel toe/ rev matching as they would say help ease the transmission stress by down shifting.... thus helping your transmission last longer....

the best way to learn rev matching is by practicing while the car is off just get use to the idea... foot placement... are you like takumi that like to have his foot sideways.... or are you more like a guy with a huge foot which would just like to roll one side of the pedal to the other... once you get use to the idea... just do it at low rpms... like try to rev match maybe 2500 to 3000 rpm....you dont need to go gung ho on it and try to rev match at 7000rpm... once your familiar with it bleeping! and rev matching usually 1000 rpm higher than where you shifted from.... then you can try to go faster and higher rpm.... all in all practice makes perfect..... how do you know you did it right?.... youll know... theres no jerking... the car doesnt pull you back just a really smooth shift..... and your engine purrrrrss...

oh and for the question i do rev match everyday..... peace....
    my evo is all motor..... hahaha.... just kiddin.....<br /><br />[quote author=06IXMR link=topic=20536.msg311612#msg311612 date=1186291437]<br />Punish her with your manly rods....<br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by chuckdashi
    Quote Originally Posted by toasty
    heel toe/ rev matching as they would say help ease the transmission stress by down shifting.... thus helping your transmission last longer....

the best way to learn rev matching is by practicing while the car is off just get use to the idea... foot placement... are you like takumi that like to have his foot sideways.... or are you more like a guy with a huge foot which would just like to roll one side of the pedal to the other... once you get use to the idea... just do it at low rpms... like try to rev match maybe 2500 to 3000 rpm....you dont need to go gung ho on it and try to rev match at 7000rpm... once your familiar with it bleeping! and rev matching usually 1000 rpm higher than where you shifted from.... then you can try to go faster and higher rpm.... all in all practice makes perfect..... how do you know you did it right?.... youll know... theres no jerking... the car doesnt pull you back just a really smooth shift..... and your engine purrrrrss...

oh and for the question i do rev match everyday..... peace....
    damn dude, you`re all over the net, LOL j/p

I only do heel and toe when I go up canyons on a spirited driving!! At the track only when down shifting from high speeds. 8)
    **Take it to the track**

I used to double clutch my 62 Comet :lol:
    '06 IX WW RS

whats the diff between rev match and double clutch

Double clutching came about back when syncros were not available in transmissions yet. It required you to activate the pedal twice before you get moving in any given gear. Push pedal in and take out of gear your in, then push pedal in again to shift into gear. Rev matching is used when downshifting and requires a blip of the throttle to bump RPM's before you engage the lower gear. Makes for a smoother entry into the lower gear with out putting all the load on the drive train.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevo22
    whats the diff between rev match and double clutch
    '06 IX WW RS

I see no point in double clutching.

I just slam the gears into place.

nebo

EVO X
    WORKS P2 Flash 294WHP/299WTQ
    WORKS Drop in Filter
    WORKS GFB
    WORKS Rear Sway Bar
    HKS Legamax
    HKS IC Pipe
    KW Variant 3
    5Zigen ZR+520 18x9.5 265/35
    I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and i need them tonight. Youre lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, its like this. If i lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if i win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, thats more important.