Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canyon Locations?

Default Canyon Locations?

Sup guys,

I'm here from Socal, and was wondering if there are any good canyon roads in Northern California that is relatively scarce of traffic and patrol. Canyon practice requires different techniques from street, track, atuocross, or rally and can help broaden driving skills. Was at Berkely Hills six months ago, and saw a lot of cars( Mainly FWD) making runs up and down the hill. Canyons are tailored to our AWD and turbocharged Evo's, which would allow us to make runs faster and safer. It could also possibly provide a good venue or activity for future meets.

Default Re: Canyon Locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden
    Sup guys,

I'm here from Socal, and was wondering if there are any good canyon roads in Northern California that is relatively scarce of traffic and patrol. Canyon practice requires different techniques from street, track, atuocross, or rally and can help broaden driving skills. Was at Berkely Hills six months ago, and saw a lot of cars( Mainly FWD) making runs up and down the hill. Canyons are tailored to our AWD and turbocharged Evo's, which would allow us to make runs faster and safer. It could also possibly provide a good venue or activity for future meets.
    like touge in japan? like the anime initial D? sounds interesting but havent noticed too many canyon runs up here in sac. maybe towards the bay, like san jose/saratoga off of N280.

if there were any, id be down for some meets. not sure how well i would do, but im always down. highway 9/skyline in saratoga is prolly the closest ive driven on to being a "mountain run." that stretch of road is hella fun to drive on. on the top of the run, theres a little parking area for motorists and pass that is the top of the hill, "skyline" i believe...awesome view in the day, beautiful at nite. on clear nites, you can see bay area bridges.
    Using No Way as Way, Having No Limitation as Limitation

vtluu Guest

Here's something you might enjoy: http://www.geektimes.com/michael/tec...-twisties.html

[size=18px]50 Miles of Pure Twisties [/size]

Feel like cruising through 7 different canyon roads equaling out to almost 50 miles of pure twisties? Bay Bimmerz will be traveling from Milpitas to Berkeley without ever taking a main road or highway.

We'll begin this trek at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Milpitas and make our way through
    [list]Calaveras Rd
    Sunol Blvd
    Palomares Canyon Rd
    Redwood Rd
    Pinehurst Rd
    Skyline Blvd
    and finally to Grizzly Peak Rd!!![/list:u]
    Be careful out there... and have fun! :driving:

Default Thanks

Thanks vtluu,

I might be moving up here in the next couple weeks, so i hope to see you guys at one of the meets or whenever.

:lol:

This looks like a good drive for the people that is coming from Sac. that is going to the Hayward meet. Since we might not be able to drive with the rest of the pack coming from Milpitas to Hayward, we can have our little drive also and meet at the shop. What do you guys think.
    My girlfriend asked me: "It's either me or the car!".............Boy I miss her cooking.

vtluu Guest

Meant to post this link a while ago but forgot: http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

If you plan on really "driving" these roads, I would reccomend that you do them late at night. During the summer I only go up between the hours of 1 and 4 on weekdays. Weekends are totally out of the question! Be careful, be smart, and look out for cops.
    Just because you can beat me in the straights doesn't mean your faster!

Default Re: Canyon Locations?

like touge in japan? like the anime initial D? sounds interesting but havent noticed too many canyon runs up here in sac. maybe towards the bay, like san jose/saratoga off of N280.

if there were any, id be down for some meets. not sure how well i would do, but im always down. highway 9/skyline in saratoga is prolly the closest ive driven on to being a "mountain run." that stretch of road is hella fun to drive on. on the top of the run, theres a little parking area for motorists and pass that is the top of the hill, "skyline" i believe...awesome view in the day, beautiful at nite. on clear nites, you can see bay area bridges.
    Man let me tell you there are planty of good roads here in the sac area you just need to know the right peeps. for starters there is highway 49. wich has a ton of backroads with switchbacks from hell. the you can head out to placervill wich has a lot of the same. hit me and shaggy up some sat night we meet at the tacobell/pizzahut on sunrise and winding way every sat at 9:30 and leave around 10-10:30 to drive the twistys. he knows all the spots i just fallow and enjoy. and yes we bouth have underpowered lancers but on a downhill to much power can kill you :lol:
    HP Does not matter in the downhill skill will allways prevail

Warning guys, I regularly drive the Redwood Road route safe speeds (within 5 of the limit), and they use a local police chopper flying VERY low, with an unmarked Crown Victoria following a few turns back. Speeding not advisable.

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/RedwoodRd.htm

I have just the place. In Norcal there as a canyon that is rarely partoled and has alot of twisties. Very Very nice. If you are wondering what it is or where it is located in Auburn CA. Northeast of Sacramento. The road is Hwy 49. Look it up
    To be old and wise......you must first be young and stupid..yah race away